☆ 5.17 ~ runaway

all this time i have been lyin' oh, lyin' in secret to myself i've been putting sorrow on the farthest place on my shelf
~ aurora, runaway

all this time i have been lyin' oh, lyin' in secret to myself i've been putting sorrow on the farthest place on my shelf~ aurora, runaway

20 comments until the next chapter
question of the chapter: who is your fav tvdu character?

"There is no way in hell you actually said yes, is there?"

Rae took a deep breath as she placed her hands onto her hips, biting down on her bottom lip and looking up at Rebekah who had just come in after taking a shower, still wearing a white bathrobe and her hair pulled back, wrapped in a towel. Rae knew that telling her girlfriend she was about to travel to the other side of the country to help the woman who wanted her family dead wasn't going to be easy. Rae hadn't changed her mind on Lydia. They were still friends. It wasn't Lydia's fault that Klaus killed Rae, but Rebekah seemed unwilling to place the blame on him. When Stefan called asking for her help, Rae couldn't say no. Lydia was her friend and she wasn't doing well. Rae didn't want to leave her alone, especially after she just lost her safety net that was the Mikaelson family.

"There is no way in hell I could say no," Rae responded honestly."She's my friend and she needs my help."

"No, she needs help," Rebekah corrected."It does not have to come from you. Stefan and Elena are both there. I'm sure Caroline can fulfil whatever role it is that they need you to play."

"No, they can't," Rae shook her head."You don't understand, Bekah. She's not doing well."

"Because she isn't well!" Rebekah scoffed.

"She is getting physically ill," Rae tried to explain to her girlfriend what Stefan had told her."She can't seem to focus and-"

"And that is not your problem," Rebekah insisted.

"It is my problem because she's my friend," Rae countered."Okay? We've known each other since we were kids and she's always been there for me. You yourself told me that you love how ready I am to always help the people that I love and that's exactly what I'm doing."

"And I also told you that you have a tendency to put the people you love above your own needs," Rebekah reminded her as she walked a bit closer to Rae until they both stood in front of Rebekah's bed. This was not the night that Rebekah hoped to be having after she gotten out of the shower."This friendship is not good for you. Lydia willingly watched as you were killed. She didn't even care enough to turn it back on. Instead all she decided to do was try to kill my brother by somehow finding the only weapon that can kill him before she killed the rest of us."

"Which she only did because your brothers lied to her about her engagement to Kol," Rae was quick to respond."After lying to her for months about how they broke up, and need I remind you that you also knew and lied to me about it, then your other brother forced her to relive a memory of one of the worst things that can happen to a person, and then to get her back, he killed me. If you're looking for someone to blame, you should start looking at your own family, who you cannot seem to hold accountable for anything. I'm not going to let your inability to do so stop me from helping my friend."