☆ 1.30 ~ enchanted

there i was again tonight
forcing laughter, faking smiles
same old tired lonely place

After another five minutes had passed, Lydia was still sitting alone at the booth. Rae and their shared friends had left, sending her sympathetic smiles as they walked by. But still she waited. Each time the door opened, she looked up to see if it was him, but it never was.

walls of insincerity

Instead, she watched as a young couple walked in, most likely on a date. Their arms were linked, both had wide smiles. They looked happy. In love. And for a moment, Lydia felt jealous. Jealously of a happy couple. Everyone seemed to be happy but her. Especially when it came to relationships. Rae was single, but the rest of her friends weren't. Caroline was happy with her boyfriend, Tyler, Elena was happy with Stefan when they were together. But Lydia knew she could get to that point with Jace, it just took a little bit of work. She couldn't expect things to be so easy.

shifting eyes and vacancy
vanished when i saw your face

As she looked at the door, she noticed another man walk into the restaurant, by himself. She didn't know who he was, she never even saw him before. All of a sudden, there was this feeling that shot through her body, she couldn't tell what it was. Whether it was fear, admiration, or just nerves. But it was eliciting almost, she felt intrigued. She felt like she needed to go up to him and say something, she wasn't sure what, but she had an urge to talk to him. Of course she would never do that. Her lack of self confidence, her inability to speak to someone new without stuttering and rambling, and her shyness made it impossible to meet new people.

all i can say is it was enchanting to meet you

Somehow, the man noticed that she was staring at him and looked over, catching her eye. For a moment he looked like he was about to come over, and say something, anything to her. And part of her wondered if she should. But something stopped him. And she wasn't sure what it was.

your eyes whispered, "have we met?"
across the room your silhouette
starts to make its way to me

So he simply gave her a small wink, causing heat to rush up to Lydia's cheeks as she looked away quickly, embarrassed that she was just caught staring at someone. She suddenly became very interested in her phone, staring down at it and not wanting to look up ever again.

the playful conversation starts
counter all your quick remarks
like passing notes in secrecy

Angrily, Lydia stood up from the booth to leave, quickly exiting it. Unfortunately, she didn't watch to see if anyone was walking down the aisle as well and when she stepped out, she slammed right into someone, gasping as she tripped over him and sent them both to the ground, with Lydia on top of him. Her cheeks burned in embarrassment, scrambling off of him and onto the wooden floor bored beside them, worrying more about getting off him than getting off the ground. She was quick to let out multiple scramblers apologizes, not wanting him to be mad at her.

He stood up beside her, offering her his hand and it was only then that she realized it was the person she was staring at earlier. She wondered how much more embarrassment she could experience today. Nervously, Lydia slipped her hand into his, accepting his help. Her hand fit perfectly in his and when they touched, she felt a burst of energy move through her body when they touched.

Lydia stared at him blankly for a moment, trying to read him. He didn't appear to be angry or embarrassed or annoyed. She couldn't tell what he was feeling, which made her nervous.