☆ 6.1 ~ ashes like snow

as the wind blows the last breathes upon the breeze
ashes falling like snow all the people you'll never know that you brought to their knees
ooo-ooo won't you meet me in the morning?
ooo-ooo you left without any warning
~ lily kershaw, ashes like snow

as the wind blows the last breathes upon the breezeashes falling like snow all the people you'll never know that you brought to their kneesooo-ooo won't you meet me in the morning?ooo-ooo you left without any warning~ lily kershaw, ashes like snow

25 comments until the next chapter
question of the chapter: who do you think should tell kol about lydia?

Elijah slammed his foot against the brake, sending the car into a sudden stop and causing his sister who sat beside him to crash forward, barely placing her hands out in time to prevent her from hitting the dashboard. Luckily there was no one else on the road. Klaus had sent them on some backroad in the middle of nowhere through fields. Of course he would store Kol's coffin somewhere remote.

The words that came through the speaker rang through his ear still as he shared a worried glance with his sister, both hoping that they heard Klaus' words wrong. That he had said something different. Because Lydia couldn't be dead. Not like that. She was in her home, safe, no one wanted to hurt her, so how could she be dead?

"What did you say?" Elijah asked his brother through the phone, hoping that Klaus would say something else. But he didn't.

"Lydia is gone," He repeated quietly. Elijah couldn't say for certain, but it sounded like Klaus was crying. And Elijah wasn't sure he was too far behind him. Rebekah's eyes had already filled with tears.

"How can that be, Niklaus?" Elijah closed his eyes, gripping the wheel tightly with his hands. He wanted to get all of the facts first. He wanted to make sure that this was really happening.

"W-when Lydia was taken by that group, they gave her something to take away her psychic abilities," Klaus responded shakily, though Elijah was having a hard time paying attention either way. He never imagined that Lydia would be killed while she was away at college. He assumed that she was safe. She wasn't in California ingesting datura, she wasn't in New Orleans where his family might get to her. He should've insisted that she come to New Orleans was. Any danger there was open. It didn't lurk in secret. They knew what it was and they could've kept her safe from everything.

"They believed that she couldn't live without it, and they were right," He continued."She was dying quickly. And painfully."

Rebekah whimpered quietly, bringing her hands to her mouth and closing her eyes, pushing out the tears that had risen in them. Everything felt numb. Like the entire world had stopped turning and time had frozen in that moment. She blanked out the second it was confirmed that Lydia had died. Lydia is dead replayed in a loop in her mind. She couldn't think about anything else. One might say that at this point, Rebekah should be used to grief. That she had experienced it many times over a thousand years and that it should be easier at this point. She would continue to live on and in a hundred years this moment would meaning nothing to her. Except Rebekah didn't care about a hundred years from now. She cared about now. She cared about how Lydia was the first person she truly befriended in centuries. Lydia was always so kind and patient with her, she stuck up for her against her brothers and her own family. And now she was gone. And she died thinking that Rebekah hated her.