☆ 5.42 ~ runaway

but no, take me home
take me home where i belong
i can't take it anymore
~ AURORA, runaway

comments until the next chapter: 20question of the chapter: do you think lydia should be friends with klaus again?

question of the chapter: do you think lydia should be friends with klaus again?

Lydia peeled her eyes open, being greeted by the same dark ceiling of her cell that she had seen every time she had woken up in it. She had lost count of the amount of times that it had happened. When someone, usually Maxfield, would take her, they'd leave her unconscious on the floor of her cell afterwards. She was never able to stay awake the whole time that they were performing tests on her. She didn't know what they were doing to her. She thought that one of them had tried to look at her brain once, because she had a spot in the back where there was no hair and was bleeding. She should've been healing, but the datura must've been stopping that. She was injected with it more times than she could count. They burned it near her cell, keeping her under it at all times. She couldn't do anything to escape. It didn't help that she wasn't getting any blood. They still didn't realize that she wasn't a vampire.

She didn't know how long she had been down there. Days maybe, but she had difficulty counting when she was being knocked out every so often and had no idea how long she was out for. Sometimes Enzo was there when she woke up, sometimes he wasn't. When she'd wake up, she'd always be in pain, there was usually blood somewhere on her.

Lydia groaned as she pulled herself off of the ground, leaning against the wall instead and crossing her arms in front of her chest. She was beginning to wonder if anyone was coming for her. None of them had showed up so far. None of them had found her. At least that's what she thought.

"Lyds, Lyds, is that you?" A familiar voice called out to her. One that wasn't Maxfield or Enzo, who wasn't in his cell.

"Elena?" Lydia mumbled, not even sure if Elena could hear her. If that even was Elena. Lydia wouldn't be surprised if she was hearing things again. She already had begun to experience several hallucinations while alone in her cell. Luckily for her, these times her hallucinations were more pleasant than they were before. She saw Kol in some of them, he was trying to encourage her to stay strong, but she wasn't sure how much longer she'd be able to do that.

"Yeah, I'm here, Lydia," Elena sounded relieved, but Lydia was far from exited that her sister was here. Because it didn't sound like Elena was here to help her, and Lydia didn't want Elena anywhere near this place.

"We've been looking for you for days," Elena continued."I'm on the other side of your cell, I think. I'm right next to you."

"How'd you get here?" Lydia asked weakly, trying to pull herself over to the bars so that she could be closer. So that she could hear Elena.

"Maxfield knocked me out," Elena sighed."Katherine and Caroline tried to compel Maxfield to tell us where you were, but he said he didn't know. We've been trying to find other Augustine members, since he said he handed you off to them and hasn't seen you since."