☆ 6.27 ~ north

we will call this place our home
the dirt in which our roots may grow
though the storms will push and pull
we will call this place our home
~ sleeping at last, north

question of the chapter: what are your final thoughts on this fic? also if you have any suggestions how do you think i could improve my writing in the future?

Lydia peered over at Kol as she walked into the kitchen, from upstairs, watching as he laid out a set of old books across the countertop. She recognized them from earlier when Caroline had dropped them off for him to go through, seeing as he was the only one who could understand it. He would be spending the day going through them and watching Estelle as Lydia stepped out.

"What should we get Estelle for her birthday?" Lydia asked him suddenly, opening up the fridge and grabbing a water bottle that she had put in there, turning to face Kol. Her birthday was in a few days and they still hadn't figured out what to do exactly. They wanted to do something special, especially since she never celebrated her birthday before. They decided to discuss it today and hopefully figure it out.

"We probably should have considered that before we took her to the store and let her buy anything she wanted," He sighed, which Lydia had to agree with. She had pretty much every toy she could want, especially with their friends and family dropping off new ones almost every day.

"I'm sure there's something she doesn't have," Lydia said hopefully, though she didn't know what. Lydia wanted it to be something special.

"What about an activity?" He asked, glancing over at Estelle who sat on the floor in the living room, playing with some of her dolls that they had bought her.

"I think there's supposed to be a carnival in the town over," Lydia recalled seeing a flyer for one when she was out in town the other day."That could be fun. Though it might be a little overwhelming."

"She seems to like being around people," Kol noticed. She was a little hesitant at first, but the more she got used to being around them, the more comfortable she became meeting other people too. She wasn't bothered by crowds when they went to the store or the park.

"That's true," She agreed."We could go for the day, then have everyone over for dinner."

"Both sides of the family?" Kol raised his eyebrows questioningly.

"Why not?" Lydia shrugged her shoulders. She didn't see anything wrong with it. Both sides of their families had mostly gotten over any grievances they had. What happened happened years ago.

"Darling, just because I get along with your siblings do not mean my siblings do," Kol pointed out.

"The only one with any sort of problem with my family still is Klaus," Lydia reminded him. Elena and Elijah got along well, and her and Kol were friendly. Jeremy surprisingly got along well with Kol over the last few years, but Lydia was pretty sure that was because they liked the same video games. Rebekah seemed to forgotten that she didn't get along with Elena and her and Jeremy didn't have any sort of relationship. That left Klaus."I'll talk to him."

"We should probably introduce Estelle and Hope before," Kol suggested, which they had been meaning to do for a few weeks now."That way she has a friend and can be distracted when the fight inevitably breaks out."

"Have some faith," Lydia scowled."None of are siblings would even dare think about starting some petty fight in front of Hope and Estelle."

"Hmm, you're the one in this relationship that has faith in things," Kol teased, causing Lydia to roll her eyes playfully.