☆ 1.13 ~ someone to stay

you were alone left out in the cold
clinging to the ruin of your broken home
hear the falling and lonely, cry out
will you fix me up? will you show me hope?
~ vancouver sleep clinic, someone to stay

you were alone left out in the coldclinging to the ruin of your broken homehear the falling and lonely, cry outwill you fix me up? will you show me hope?~ vancouver sleep clinic, someone to stay

Lydia drove for what felt like hours, but she knew it was only minutes. She drove until she couldn't handle it any more, until she felt too overwhelmed by her emotions and couldn't see due to the blurriness that hear tears caused. Not wanting a repeat of her car accident, Lydia pulled over at the side of the road, but she didn't bother to look at her surroundings, choosing to focus on her lap instead, looking down and letting the tears fall freely from her eyes.

Lydia didn't know when it happened. She couldn't pin point an exact moment, but somewhere along the way, her life got screwed up. It was a series of bad events, but she didn't know when she started hating her life. She didn't know if it was when she was first diagnosed or when her parents told her she was still sick after a surgery that was meant to be successful. Or if it was the day her parents died. Maybe it was when she met Jace and every day they spent together or when Jenna died. Maybe it was when she realized her siblings didn't care about her.

Lydia thought things were getting better. Ever since she broke up with Jace, she felt better about herself. She no longer had someone feeding her reasons to be insecure. She reconnected with Rae and made friends with the Mikaelsons. Even Elena and Jeremy started paying more attention to her, but she should've known that bit of happiness wouldn't last. It never would. Not for her at least.

Lydia was pulled out of her thoughts when there was a small knock at her window. She instantly jumped on her spot and looked out the window to see that it was only Klaus. She let out a small sigh of relief and rubbed underneath her eyes quickly, trying to brush away the tears before she rolled down the window.

"Hi-hey, hi, Nik," Lydia mumbled quietly, her voice sounding a bit raspy while Klaus just frowned at her."What. . . What are you doing here?"

"I should be the one asking you that, love," Klaus responded."You are parked on the side of the road and crying. Is this not how you got into your last accident?"

"Yeah, so I pulled over this time," Lydia answered with a small shake of her head."I even turned the car off."

"What are you doing out here at this time of night?" Klaus questioned curiously.

"Nothing, don't worry about it," Lydia shook her head, hoping that he would back off but she knew he wouldn't.

"If your plan is to sleep in a car on the side of the road I believe that I should be worried," Klaus told her which made Lydia smile slightly."It is quite late and I for one, would not be able to relax if I knew I left you here through the night. Especially since you apparently cannot give me an explanation."

"I'm gonna go stay with a friend," Lydia nodded her head quickly, even though she had no plans to go do that. She probably would stay parked if Klaus hadn't gotten involved."One of my friends. They're letting me stay over. I just talked to one of them a few minutes ago so it's all good. You can. . . Go now."