☆ 4.10 ~ goodbye my lover

you touched my heart, you touched my soul
changed my life and all my goals and love is blind, and that i knew when my heart was blinded by you
~ james blunt, goodbye my lover

you touched my heart, you touched my soulchanged my life and all my goals and love is blind, and that i knew when my heart was blinded by you~ james blunt, goodbye my lover

One thing that Lydia hated throughout her whole life was being taken care of. She hated people fussing over her because they were worried when she was certain she was fine. That was her life growing up. People were always worrying over her and treating her like she was dying, which they thought she was. She remembered what those pills would do to her. At the time, she didn't know it was the pills. She thought that she was just sick. Nonetheless, she hated being cared for. And since she hated it, she wished she was with anyone other than Kol Mikaelson. Also known as the man who will panic if Lydia even gets a paper cut.

"You are going to get yourself killed one day," Kol scowled as he dabbed at Lydia's lips with a wet cloth, wiping away the blood that fell from her mouth and her nose."I understand that you wish to help others, but it cannot go above your own safety."

"It's just a little nose bleed from wearing myself out," Lydia shrugged her shoulders tiredly, pressing her hands against the cool countertop she was currently sitting on in Kol's bathroom."And a. . . Mouth bleed. Is that a thing?"

Kol let out a sharp breath and shook his head, showcasing his disapproval."You let a witch channel you for a complex spell. What if you were killed, Angel?"

Lydia swallowed tightly, warmth running through her veins upon hearing Kol refer to her with his old nickname for her. It had been a while since he used it."Well. . . I'm good now. I just want to take a shower."

"What you need is rest," Kol decided."Regain your strength, yes?"

"And I will," Lydia tried to compromise with him, knowing very well how stubborn Kol could be."After a shower. To get all of this blood off me. I'm already starting to feel better."

"Fine, I will bring you some clothes," Kol gave in. He figured that if he was right outside, he would be there if something went wrong."Just call if you need anything."

Lydia nodded her head in agreement and once she did, Kol pulled the cloth away, leaning forward and pressing a kiss against her cheek. Lydia instantly straightened up at this as Kol turned to walk away. She was at a loss for words when he did that. She couldn't tell if it was just because it was out of habit, or he intentionally did it. Whatever the reason was, it made Lydia smile.

Lydia hated to admit it, but she had to. Kol was right. No doubts about it. She should've just went to bed and gotten the rest that she needed because standing up in the shower was torture. No matter the temperature she set it to, Lydia couldn't find the right one. First she was too hot and then too cold. She knew it wasn't the shower because she had been in this one a thousand times and was always able to enjoy herself. Trying to wash her hair made her feel weak. She thought it would be easier if she distracted herself with her thoughts, ignoring the pain she was experience. So she focused on the one thing she could never stop thinking about.