☆ 4.5 ~ happier

then only for a minute i want to change my mind
'cause this just don't feel right to me
i wanna raise your spirits i want to see you smile but know that means i'll have to leave
~ marshello and bastille, happier

then only for a minute i want to change my mind'cause this just don't feel right to mei wanna raise your spirits i want to see you smile but know that means i'll have to leave~ marshello and bastille, happier

As Lydia slipped through the open window, she couldn't help but wonder if she was doing the wrong thing. Maybe she shouldn't go in. She was scared to. Because of the people inside. What if they hated her for what she did? What if they now saw her as a threat? Or would they fret over her once again? The last thing she wanted was to seem weak. Her friends had a bad habit of treating her like she couldn't look out for herself and Lydia didn't want that. But she did want the comfort of being around her friends after everything she had gone through. Besides, she didn't have anywhere else to go.

When Lydia stepped into the room, she found it difficult to make out any of it since the lights were off. The only light came from the street and even that wasn't much, but she did see the one person she was looking for. At least she hoped that it was him and that she had the right room. She could see a shape resembling a body underneath the covers, but just as she took another step forward, there was a quick breeze and the sound of movement. Next thing she knew, she was being pinned against the wall with a hand wrapped around her throat and glowing yellow eyes pointing at her.

"I wonder who is as bold as to break into my room at-" Klaus' voice was threatening, but the second he got a good look at the person he had trapped, he stopped."Lydia?"

"Hi," Lydia smiled weakly as Klaus instantly released her, stepping back and returning his eyes to normal. In hindsight, Lydia probably shouldn't have broken through his window while he was sleeping. But she just successfully carried out her plan and she needed a friend right now. A friend who was least likely to judge her.

"What are you doing here?" Klaus furrowed his brow, glancing at the clock on his nightstand."At four in the morning?"

"I told you I'd be back," Lydia reminded him as if it were obvious."Sorry, I know I said forty eight hours, but it went a lot smoother than I thought it would."

"Are you alright?" Klaus inquired, scanning her with his eyes worriedly. He was ready to go grab Caroline or Stefan, someone who was more equipped to handle emotions.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine," Lydia admitted with a small smile."I just can't believe that I was able to pull it off."

"Pull what off exactly?" Klaus asked."If you are ready to tell everyone what it is you have been doing for these past two months, I can wake-"

"No," Lydia interrupted him gently."I don't want to talk to them yet. Just you. Please."

Klaus nodded his head. He wondered why Lydia just wanted to tell him, but he didn't question it. Instead, he sat back down on the edge of his bed, watching as Lydia did too.

"I just. . . I did something bad," Lydia admitted."And I don't feel guilty about it and I don't know what that says about me as a person because these past few weeks, I've been pretty much the worst version of myself. And I know that's kind of your area of expertise, no offence, and I need you to tell me whether or not I'm a horrible person."