☆ 3.11 ~ come back when you can

let go, you'll understand you've done nothing at all, to make me love you less whoa
so come back when you can
~ barcelona, come back when you can

let go, you'll understand you've done nothing at all, to make me love you less whoa so come back when you can~ barcelona, come back when you can

The moment Kol snapped her neck he was filled with regret. He never should have done that. He tried to remind himself that it was the only way. That Lydia would've walked away with Silas come midnight and Kol didn't know what would happen to her after that. So he had to stop it. If he hadn't snapped her neck, he wouldn't be able to stop her from risking her life. Yet he couldn't stop thinking about it. He wasn't normally like that with Lydia. Even if Lydia would be fine, he didn't treat her like that. It made him a liar because he promised he would never hurt her and he did. Even if it was for her own good. Snapping her neck, however, didn't stop the clock from ticking.

She looked peaceful as she was laid out on the couch, but Kol knew that wouldn't last long. Once she woke, she could be angry. Well, as angry as Lydia could be. He never saw her incredibly mad, but when she was irritated or upset and would become angry, she wasn't too intimidating. It was actually cute somehow. But he never fully saw her ticked off and he wasn't sure he ever wanted to.

"You're ruining my plans."

In one thousand years, Kol had never been so aggravated by one person's voice. Not even the voice of Finn annoyed him this much. The worst part was he sounded exactly like Stefan Salvatore who Kol was sure he would be avoiding for the next little while as he tried to erase Silas from his mind.

"At least I can be happy about one thing then," Kol responded dryly, sitting up from his spot beside Lydia and glaring at Silas who stood by the door to the living room, leaning against the door frame. The lighting in the room was dark, there was only a bit of light from the moon that managed to sneak past the curtains. Despite this, Kol could still see the arrogant smirk on Silas' lips.

"Very true," Silas shrugged his shoulders, taking a step forward and away from the door."You quite literally have no reason to be happy. Your brothers left town without considering how you'd feel despite them wanting to keep the family together, Lydia is going to be pissed at you-"

"Excuse me if I'm not interested in a lecture on happiness from a man who spent two thousand years in a cave and now that he is finally free, he decides he wants to die," Kol retorted, interrupting Silas.

"Be that as it may, your life depends on me," Silas pointed out much to Kol's confusion."At least, the life that you want."

"Care to tell me how?" Kol raised his eyebrows, stepping in front of Lydia as Silas got closer, he wasn't going to let Silas get anywhere near her.

"Isn't it obvious?" Silas chuckled like Kol was missing something."You only get yours if I take Lydia away. Look around you, Kol. This small town life. Small town girl. It isn't for you. You have to sit here and pretend to be good but you know you can't put on that show for long. You're going to miss your old self, you already do. Seeing it brought back all those old feelings. Freedom. Power to do what you wanted. You enjoyed it. You spent your whole life not caring what anyone thought but now you have her. Give it a few years and you're going to grow bored with her. Except you don't want to break her heart so you'll stay and you're going to wish someone put a dagger in your heart."