☆ 4.3 ~ coming up for air

how long can you wait to breathe deep?
how long can you stay underneath?
~ signals in smoke, coming up for air

how long can you wait to breathe deep?how long can you stay underneath?~ signals in smoke, coming up for air

One small part of Lydia was relieved to see Klaus standing before her. The part of her that missed her having familiar people at her side and wanted nothing more than to return home and forget this whole madness. That was the small part of her that she had learned to shove away weeks ago if she had any hope of doing what she needed to do. The much larger part was well aware of what Klaus could do to her plan and she couldn't allow that.

"Well? Are you not going to speak?" Klaus urged her."It is the least you could do after taking off without so much as a simple note. Or did you think popping in for a quick visit would suffice?"

"Sorry I forgot to put the man who murdered my aunt on my goodbye list," Lydia scoffed, wincing at the words that left her lips. Yes she absolutely hated that Klaus was the reason Jenna was dead, but she moved on from that months ago and she didn't want to keep throwing it in his face.

"Yet you'll only travel across the world with the one who murdered your brother," Klaus was quick to counter her comment."Where the bloody hell have you been? We have been searching for you nonstop the past few days."

"Wow, only the past few days?" Silas chuckled."So what? The past two months you thought she just locked herself in her bedroom? Wouldn't be surprising if she did given the way your brother dumped her, but luckily I was there to pick up the pieces."

"Oh, why don't you just hurry up and carry on with your death wish?" Klaus snapped at Silas, causing Lydia to clench her jaw and move forward a bit, turning to face Silas. She needed to separate the two.

"Hey, do you mind giving us a moment?" Lydia asked nicely."I should explain things to Klaus. To call him and my other annoying guard dogs off. Well, not annoying dogs because I love dogs, I should call them something else but- you know what? Not important. Just let me talk to Nik. I'll call you when I'm done?"

Silas looked a bit hesitant, but slowly a grin replaced his frown as he reached forward with his hands, cupping Lydia's cheeks and leaning forward, pressing his lips against hers and kissing her deeply. Much more passionately than he ever had before, which Lydia wasn't too comfortable with and she figured it was only to piss off Klaus. Afterwards he smiled at her and began to walk off, leaving the two of them on the busy sidewalk.

When Lydia turned back to face Klaus, his face showed nothing but pure shock and disgust. Within seconds, his expression turned solemn as he began to speak."You have quite a bit of explaining to do."

"I don't owe you a single explanation," Lydia shook her head."We were only friends through Kol. Him and I are through, so I'm through with your family as well."

"I don't buy that for a second," Klaus scoffed, much to Lydia's relief. It wasn't what she needed in this moment. She needed Klaus to leave her alone, but deep down she was relieved that he wasn't. It meant he cared."What has gotten into you?"