☆ 5.43 ~ everything is lost

and this nightmare closing in
everything is lost
there's a sorrow beneth my skin
this is the end of me
~ maggie eckford, everything is lost

and this nightmare closing ineverything is lostthere's a sorrow beneth my skinthis is the end of me~ maggie eckford, everything is lost

20 comments until the next chapter.
question of the chapter: what's your favourite season of tvd?

When Lydia woke up, everything was different then it had been the days before. She didn't wake up to complete and utter darkness. Whatever room she was in, it was bright. Warm. It wasn't cold. She wasn't laying on a dirty floor, but rather something soft, something familiar. After blinking a few times, she recognized the light fixture that hung above her. She was back home somehow. Immediately, she was filled with relief. If she was home, it meant that she was safe.

She sat up slowly, finding it difficult to do so. Her body still ached and her limbs felt stiff, but soon she was distracted by the feeling of a pair of arms wrap around her suddenly, pulling her against someone's chest.

"Lydia! You're awake!" She heard Rae exclaimed happily, her voice filling Lydia with even more relief. It had been a while since she heard the voice of anyone she loved. She saw Elena and Klaus yesterday, but she took no joy in Elena being trapped in the same place that she was. She barely even remembered seeing Klaus. But hearing Rae's voice told her that she was safe in her home. Maxfield was dead. Klaus killed him. Lydia didn't know about the other Augustine members, but Maxfield seemed to be the ones in charge. If Lydia knew Klaus, and she did, then he would hunt down and kill the rest of them.

"H-how did I get here?" Lydia asked once Rae pulled away. She couldn't be one hundred percent sure that Klaus was the one who rescued her. When she was on datura, she hallucinated. She could've wanted to see Klaus and that's who her mind showed her, but it could've been someone else.

"Elena said that Klaus brought you back," Rae answered, confirming that what Lydia saw was real."He took you two to her house. Then Elena brought you over here."

"Where's Elena?" Lydia immediately asked. She remembered that Elena was with her before she was taken by Maxfield into his lab for the first time. And if Klaus really rescued her, she didn't trust him to get Elena too.

"She's back at her house," Rae explained to her."We didn't want to overwhelm you with a lot of people. But she's okay. Maxfield is dead. And Klaus. . . I didn't see him. No one did but Elena. And you, but I guess you don't really remember."

"Lydia, hey!" Alyssa's voice broke through the living room, causing Lydia to look up and see Alyssa walking into the room, holding up a blood bag and having a smile on her face."I'm glad you're okay. You need to drink. You look terrible."

"Hmm, thanks," Lydia mumbled, accepting the blood bag and raising it to her lips, draining the blood almost instantly. With each sip, Lydia regained a bit of her strength, allowing her to finally feel like everything was clear. But she knew it would take a while before the datura wore off fully. Last time it took a little over two days before she was completely better.