☆ 6.15 ~ turning page

your love is my turning page
where only the sweetest words remain
every kiss is a cursive line
every touch is a redefining phrase
I surrender who I've been for who you are
~ sleeping at last, turning page

20 comments until the next chapter
question of the chapter: what are some characters you wish interacted or interacted more with each other? (in the show, not in this fic though you can answer for either).

Lydia tightened her glass around the flute of champagne, which was still filled. She hadn't even had one sip of it, though it was her favourite. Rebekah introduced her to it. She always found her taste in alcohol was much more similar to Rebekah than the Mikaelson brothers. They liked drinks that were far too strong for Lydia's taste most days. She watched as the remaining guests slowly trickled in through the front door, handing their coats to the coat attendant that was hired for the evening.

Lydia recognized very few of the guests. Elena, Rae, and Bonnie had come over to get ready, so they were already inside. She noticed a few people that she had seen around Mystic Falls, Jeremy, she recognized the woman that Klaus liked, Cami, who must've flown in. Lydia wondered if Klaus invited her himself or if Rebekah had.

The party had only been going on for about twenty minutes, so people were still arriving. Already, appetizers and drinks were being served to the guests and music was laying throughout the foyer where most of the guests remained. With each person that walked in, Lydia began to dread the evening. She didn't know why. She didn't hate the idea of having a party, and she knew she'd be fine, not something about it made her feel almost tired. Still, she was happy to have many of the people that she loved all in one spot.

"See? I was right," Kol snuck up from beside her, causing her to jump slightly as he interrupted her thoughts."You are absolutely gorgeous."

Lydia smiled as Kol leaned forward and kissed her cheek before he joined Lydia in looking over the railing. She was relieved to see that he had finally shown up. Lydia thought he would've been out here sooner considering he was only coming from down the hallway, but she knew he didn't start getting ready until the last minute.

"But something is. . . Different," Kol noted, taking a step back to get a good look at her. Lydia bit down on the inside of her cheek to keep from smiling.

"Something is different," Lydia agreed, wanting to see if Kol would be able to figure it out.

He scanned her with his eyes, looking for the change before he finally realized what it was."I can't see your forehead."

Lydia laughed at his reply as she lifted her hand to her head and brushed the bangs along her forehead."Yeah. I don't know, it kind of just happened. Bonnie was helping me with my hair, Elena said bangs would look cute on me, and well, here we are."

"You look absolutely stunning," Kol responded with a grin, causing Lydia to smile as well, but it soon faded.

"Oh no," Kol frowned, stepping closer to Lydia."I complimented you and you did not blush. I must make a note to work on my skills."

Lydia chuckled and handed him the champagne that she was holding when he reached for it. She didn't think she would be drinking anymore for the night. She didn't feel up to it.

"Your flirting is just fine," She told him."I'm just thinking. That's all."

"Fancy sharing your thoughts with me?" Kol raised his eyebrows after he took a sip of the champagne, shrivelling his nose at the taste of it, but that didn't stop him from taking another sip.