☆ 5.44 ~ to build a home

there is a house built out of stone
wooden floors, walls and window sills
tables and chairs worn by all of the dust
this is a place where i don't feel alone
this is a place where i feel at home
~ the cinematic orchestra, to build a home

there is a house built out of stonewooden floors, walls and window sillstables and chairs worn by all of the dustthis is a place where i don't feel alonethis is a place where i feel at home~ the cinematic orchestra, to build a home

comments until the next chapter: 25
question of the chapter: aside from kol or stefan, who do you think lydia could've had a relationship with?

Lydia didn't go back to sleep that night. She couldn't. How she was supposed to sleep when something was happening to her and she didn't even know what it was? At best it was just a scar from what Maxfield injected her with. At worst, she was going to die. She thought that maybe she would be able to return and at least lay down, but she couldn't bring herself to leave the kitchen. Instead, she sat down at the table. Her mind felt numb, like she wasn't even able to think about what she saw. She looked at the mark every once in a while. It didn't change, it didn't grow, but it didn't shrink either. Something was going on, but she didn't know what it was.

She couldn't help but wish Kol was with her. He always made her feel better, he always knew what to do. And right now, she could use someone who was certain when she wasn't.

She didn't mean to sit at the table for several hours, but that was what ended up happening. Bubbles had come and sat by her feet before jumping up on her lap. She held him closely to her when he did so and tried to take comfort in her pet. He always seemed to know when she was upset.

Soon, a knock at her front door grabbed her attention, taking her by surprise. She didn't know who it could be. Almost everyone she knew in town was upstairs asleep in her room. Except for one person. Slowly, Lydia set Bubbles down on the floor and made her way to the front door.

"Stefan," Lydia greeted him once she had opened the door. She was surprised he hadn't come by sooner. Usually he was the first person to check and make sure that Lydia was okay. She was a little disappointed that he hadn't, and was relieved that he was here now. Next to Kol and Rae, Stefan was probably the person that she trusted most. He never let her down, and he was good at making people feel like everything was going to be okay, even if it didn't look that way."What are you doing here?"

"Ah, I figured at least one of you were up by now," Stefan answered with a small shrug, stepping inside and pulling Lydia into a hug before she could say anything else.

"I'm glad that you're safe," He said while Lydia rested her chin on his shoulder."We were all worried about you. I wanted to come by last night, but I figured you'd need some rest. How are you holding up?"

"I'm fine," Lydia whispered quietly, not sure what else to say, but Stefan didn't believe her. She wasn't that convincing. She wouldn't believe her either. She wanted to tell Stefan what was going on, but she couldn't bring herself to do so. She didn't know why, but she couldn't form the words to explain to him what was wrong. Maybe because she didn't want to worry him when she wasn't sure if there was anything to worry about.