☆ 2.4 ~ so cold

it's so quiet here and i feel so cold
this house no longer feels like home
~ ben cocks, so cold

Lydia awoke the next morning with a pair of strong arms wrapped around her and her back pressed against his chest

Lydia awoke the next morning with a pair of strong arms wrapped around her and her back pressed against his chest. Lydia found a smile making its way to her face almost immediately, remembering how much she enjoyed waking up next to Kol. It was probably one of her favourite things they would do together because it was always a fresh start to the day, when none of their troubles had set in yet and until they walked out the door, it was just the two of them. Lydia was always shocked at herself with how comfortable she felt with Kol and how the connection had happened in such a quick period of time. A few months ago if someone were to ask Lydia if she could get into a relationship and practically move in with that person within a few months of knowing each other, Lydia would have said no. But when she was with Kol, she felt safe and wanted to spend every moment she could with him.

"Good morning, Angel," Kol whispered into her ear, kissing her cheek gently causing Lydia to blush but luckily he couldn't really see from his angle.

"Good morning," Lydia replied, turning around a bit so that she could see Kol and when she did, it took her a moment to speak again. She couldn't quite explain it but seeing him for the first time each day always left her rather breathless. Like she was surprised that she had someone she loved this deeply in her life."I'm surprised you're awake, I know you tend to sleep in."

"Yes, well, I was doing some thinking," Kol shared with her which made her frown at first, not knowing what he was about to say but someone saying they were thinking wasn't always the indication that it was going to be positive."And I think that we should stay here the whole day. I am sure you have been stressed lately and-"

"And you don't want me to go see my siblings," Lydia finished for him with a small sigh. She knew he was hesitant about her idea to go see her siblings today."As much as I would love to lay here with you, I have to do this Kol and if I don't do it now I don't think I ever will."

"That is not a horrible thing," Kol interrupted as Lydia just rolled her eyes playfully at her boyfriend and sat up from the bed, glancing down at him and watching as he sat up as well.

"Kol, I'll be fine," Lydia reminded him, knowing he was just worried and rightfully so. She didn't have a good record with her siblings in terms of safety.

"I should go with you," Kol offered but Lydia just shook her head as she stood from the bed, quick to decline his offer.

"Somehow I don't think you being there is going to make them any easier to talk to," Lydia responded. She would love for Kol to come with her, but Elena and Jeremy would just be angry that he was there and it was a moment between her and her siblings. She needed to figure it out on her own.

"At least take. . . Caroline with you," Kol suggested."She can wait outside, but I need to know that you are safe."

Lydia thought about it for a moment. It wasn't a terrible idea since Caroline was certainly on her side and wouldn't let Elena and Jeremy try anything but Lydia couldn't help but feel that it was a little ridiculous because she should be able to see her siblings without a body guard."Fine. I'll ask her to come."