☆ 4.9~ love will remember

i know it inside my heart
forever will forever be ours
even if we try to forget, love will remember
you said you loved me, i said i loved you back
what happened to that?
~ selena gomez, love will remember

i know it inside my heartforever will forever be ourseven if we try to forget, love will rememberyou said you loved me, i said i loved you backwhat happened to that?~ selena gomez, love will remember

Though it had been a while since Lydia last woke up feeling safe and protected in the arms of the person she loved, it came back naturally to her. She didn't think twice about it. For a few moments, all she did was lay there and take a deep breath, glancing up to see Kol's sleeping face. None of it felt awkward or out of place, everything seemed normal. Like this was how things should've been. That only lasted for so long. It was soon that her eyes widened and she scrambled out of the bed and his arms, trying to think of how she even ended up there. She recalled getting drunk last night and Kol coming into her room, but how did she end up in his?

Her sudden movement caused Kol to wake and he sat up in his spot, his eyes glancing around like something was wrong since he was startled.

"How did I end up in bed with you?" Lydia narrowed her eyes, wishing she wasn't such a lightweight when it came to drinking. It didn't take much to get her completely drunk.

Kol seemed to relax at this, now aware that nothing was wrong. He sighed and ran his hands through his hair."I brought you to my room because your door was broken and you were drunk. When I laid you down, you insisted that I lay down with you so I did. I apologize if I over-"

"No, it's okay," Lydia interrupted him. Even if she was angry with Kol for other reasons, she understood what he did. She would rather be with Kol than left alone in an open room."You just scared me when I woke up because I didn't know how I got here and I didn't- it doesn't matter. It's okay."

Kol was relieved that Lydia wasn't angry with him, but he couldn't help but feel that something was still bothering her. She looked on edge, lost in her own thoughts. She tried to hide her face from him, staring down at the floor and letting her hair fall down her face. Kol knew that look well, it was how she got whenever she was thinking about a specific someone.

"Are you alright, Dia?" Kol asked gently, not sure she would even want to talk to him about it. He missed being the person she went to about everything and when she didn't respond, that only increased his worries."Lydia? What's troubling you?"

Lydia still didn't respond which prompted Kol to lean forward slowly and place his hand on Lydia's arm, only for her to flinch and jump back, finally noticing that Kol was trying to get her attention.

"S-sorry, Kol," Lydia breathed out."I was just thinking about why I don't like to drink that much."

"There is nothing wrong with liking to be alert and conscious," Kol reminded her. He knew why Lydia didn't like to drink a lot. It was rare that she did when they were together and she only did if she was with Kol. He thought that changed, but he was wrong."Besides, you are safe here."