☆ 5.45 ~ soft dark nothing

goodnight, goodbye, good luck, don't cry
it''s the edge of it all it's the edge of it all
all my friends at the end of the world
i hope to see you again it's the end of this time
~ lily kershaw, soft dark nothing

goodnight, goodbye, good luck, don't cryit''s the edge of it all it's the edge of it allall my friends at the end of the worldi hope to see you again it's the end of this time~ lily kershaw, soft dark nothing

35 comments until the next chapter
question of the chapter: is there anything you'd like to see in the next and final act?

"You cannot be dying!"

Lydia closed her eyes as she placed her hand on the doorknob to her old bedroom. She hadn't even heard Klaus follow her to her room. She didn't know why she bothered going up to her bedroom and leaving Klaus behind, after telling him that she was dying, there was no way he was just going to stay downstairs. He was going to follow her. But she didn't realize he was right behind her when she began to walk away. Her response to him saying that he loved her probably wasn't what he expected. He probably expected her to forgive him and hug him. If this happened months ago, maybe she would've. Not now.

"Well, I guess I am," Lydia sighed, turning around to face Klaus who, for someone that just learned the person he apparently loved was dying, looked rather angry. Lydia didn't know why she accepted her date so easily, something about it didn't seem real, as if death would only be a temporary inconvenience.

"We can find a way to stop it," He insisted, but Lydia just shook her head.

"No, I went through the research from Maxfield, so did Rae and Bonnie, there's no way," Lydia admitted. She had hoped that there would be something there, but there was nothing, and Lydia was finding it too hard to concentrate. Her vision kept going in and out of focus. It would blur occasionally, and reading made her feel dizzy. Still, she forced her way through it earlier."He wouldn't create an antidote when his goal was to hurt me."

"What exactly did he say this would do to you?" Klaus pressed on.

"He said that whatever he gave me would take away my psychic abilities and that my brain was so damaged from all the datura over the years that I wouldn't survive," Lydia sighed as she repeated it for what felt like the hundredth time."But he didn't know that I was a vampire, so I have no idea how that's going to play into it."

"So you are just giving up because some mad scientist who got his degree from an institution hardly qualified to-" Klaus began, but Lydia cut him off.

"Klaus, I don't know what you want," Lydia shook her head."This is the way that it is. We'll just have to wait to see."

"Wait to see if you turn up dead?" Klaus scoffed, suddenly grabbing Lydia's hand and pulling her away from the door, causing Lydia to furrow her brow as he led her down the hall."Sorry, sweetheart. That does not work for me."

"Where the hell are you taking me?" Lydia scowled, but she didn't get an answer from Klaus. He just kept on pulling her down the hallway and wouldn't let go of her. Lydia was beginning to miss when he wanted her gone.