☆ 3.6 ~ panic room

welcome to the panic room
where all your darkest fears are gonna
come for you
~ au/ra, panic room

If Lydia had to use one word to describe her relationship with Elijah the past few months she would have to say it was tense, which was surprising to Lydia

If Lydia had to use one word to describe her relationship with Elijah the past few months she would have to say it was tense, which was surprising to Lydia. Elijah was one of the first Mikaelsons to show that he cared for her. He looked out for Lydia on several accounts, but ever since the spell in which Lydia's life was linked to Kol, Lydia felt that he had been a bit hostile to her. She didn't see how it was her fault. She understood Elijah being upset with Kol's choice, but she didn't understand why he took that out on her. That was why she was so shocked at the sigh of him directly in front of her, his lips in a straight line and eyes narrowed at Lydia as if he was a school principal and was about to discipline two misbehaved students.

"Elijah," Lydia breathed out, still shocked to see him. If she had to guess who would show up at their hotel room unannounced it would be Klaus or Stefan, even Silas. She couldn't even remember the last time she spoke to Elijah. Oh. When he blamed her for something she didn't do. He certainly hadn't made any effort to apologize or see his brother after everything went down.

"May I come in?" Elijah gestured towards the room as he tightened his grip around Kol.

Lydia didn't respond to Elijah. She simply stepped out the way, opening the door a bit so that they could fit through and the second they had, Lydia placed her hand on the silver knob and closed the door shut. She bit down on her bottom lip, knowing that if Elijah was here, it wasn't for something good. Once she had closed the door, Lydia turned around and noticed that Elijah had gone ahead and set Kol down on the couch, placing one of the pillows underneath his head which made Lydia smile slightly. Lydia sometimes forgot that Kol was still Elijah's and Klaus' little brother.

"The two of you had me quite worried, Lydia," Elijah spoke calmly but his voice came off as stern."After receiving word of my sister leaving you and Kol alone, I have been trying to get in contact with the two of you,"

"I changed my phone number," Lydia answered honestly as she folded her hands behind her back."Silas got it. The phone number. So I had to change it."

"That is what has brought me here," Elijah explained rather dryly as he turned to face Lydia."With Kol facing the costs of Silas' actions, he is a danger to everyone in the city and most importantly, he is a danger to yourself."

"I can really hear the concern in your voice," Lydia responded sarcastically as she crossed her arms in front of her chest."Kol and I are getting along just fine. More than fine really."

"So it would appear," Elijah responded as he shifted a bit in his spot."My brother has many skills but his ability to manipulate kind souls into believing that he cares for them prevails above all others."

"Well, if I see any kind souls coming his way I'll be sure to warn them," Lydia couldn't help but be a bit angry at this comment from Elijah. As if he had any right to speak on who Kol was. Lydia was aware that Kol was his brother and that they spent a thousand years together. But if there was one thing Lydia knew for sure, it was that Kol opened up to her more in seven months than he ever did to any of his siblings in the many centuries they spent together.