☆ 3.5 ~ deep end

don't want to find i've lost it all
too scared to have no one to call
so can we just pretend
that we're not falling into the deep end?
~ birdy, deep end

don't want to find i've lost it alltoo scared to have no one to callso can we just pretend that we're not falling into the deep end?~ birdy, deep end

When Lydia awoke the next morning, she was greeted by a combination of different emotions since this was something she wasn't used to. Yes she had fallen asleep with Kol in her bed before after spending the night together, but this wasn't really her Kol and they certainly weren't in a relationship. Lydia had never slept a random person before and even though Kol wasn't random, it still felt that way so part of her was relieved that he wasn't at her side when she woke because she didn't know what to say with him. She didn't regret it, she just wished that things were different. She didn't quite enjoy being a random one night stand to Kol.

"Good morning, darling," Kol greeted as he emerged from the bathroom, his voice rather cheery. Lydia on the other hand was the opposite of cheery, she was feeling quite weak and tired if she was being honest but as she looked up at Kol, she noticed that he was currently only wearing jeans and his skin was glistening from the water of his shower.

"Morning," Lydia mumbled as she sat up in her spot, letting the white sheet fall off of her but luckily she had put on Kol's shirt last night.

Kol chuckled and shook his head."Well, did I wear you out last night or is that just a look of regret?"

"No regret," Lydia shook her head, not wanting him to get the wrong impression."Last night was great."

"Well isn't that just the understatement of the century," Kol sighed dramatically which just made Lydia laugh.

"Fine. Last night was the best night of my life, better?" Lydia raised her eyebrows, regretting the words as soon as she said them. Of course to the Kol standing in front of her, those words were nothing but an ego boost but they would probably hurt her Kol since she was basically telling this version that he was better at sex than the last. Did it count as cheating?

"Much better," Kol grinned proudly as Lydia rolled her eyes and reached for the phone that was in the nightstand."Who are you calling?"

"Room service," Lydia answered simply."I'm starving."

"I am going to finish getting dressed," Kol told her as he headed back to the bathroom, leaving Lydia alone to make the call.

"Did you really need to order this much food?"

Those were the first words to leave Kol's mouth as he watched Lydia close the door behind the two people who were pushing two carts filled with breakfast food. From pancakes, to fresh fruit, to eggs, the carts were completely full. It was more than either of them could eat on their own, but Lydia just shrugged her shoulders at him once she had closed the door.

"I didn't do it for the food," Lydia reminded him with a small grin."I did it to make sure that two people would have to come up to deliver the food."

While the two men who brought up the food were clearly confused by Lydia's comment, but didn't think that it was harmful, Kol knew exactly what Lydia meant and it only made him smirk in response. The past few days, Lydia had been getting hooked onto drinking flood from the vein, but he was rather impressed by her self control since she always seemed to be able to pull away before she killed the person and made sure to heal them and compel them to forget.