☆ 4.24 ~ too close

i kept my guard so high, so high and i let slip
the moment you entered my life, my life
how i regret that day so much every time i see you look i feel the loss of the shield you took from me
~ arctic lake, too close

i kept my guard so high, so high and i let slip the moment you entered my life, my lifehow i regret that day so much every time i see you look i feel the loss of the shield you took from me ~ arctic lake, too close

Kol kept his eyes focused on Lydia, scared to take them off. He was worried that if he took his eyes off of her for even one second, something would harm her. If there was one place that Kol thought she would be safe, it would be the home of the Mikaelsons. With four Original Vampires living in the house, no threat was able to get in and most didn't even dare to try. Unfortunately, Lydia's threat wasn't external. They didn't have to be inside the compound to be inside her mind and that worried the hell out of Kol. Her mind was the one place he couldn't protect her.

"Hey, how is she?" Davina whispered softly, careful not to wake Lydia or disturb her as she slept. Lydia didn't look comfortable, twisting and turning. She was still shivering despite Kol placing a mountain of blankets on her.

Kol peered over at Davina who had just come out from the bathroom, her fingers laced around a small glass vile with Lydia's blood."Did you get what you needed?"

"Yes," Davina nodded her head."I can run the spell now. See if the Ancestors have anything to do with this."

"Is there any chance that Lydia was right in what she saw?" Kol asked."That Silas was actually here?"

Davina shook her head."I highly doubt it. He wasn't consecrated and there's no reason to believe he can make contact with the living."

Kol let out a small sigh of relief as he turned to leave the bedroom. He didn't want to leave Lydia alone, but he needed to discuss what happened with his brothers. Luckily for him, there was another person that entered the room that didn't want Lydia to be alone either.

"I'll look out for her, Kol," Rebekah spoke gently, appearing at his side, wearing her favourite black silk robe and her hair was tied into a bun. She had an eye mask resting on her forehead, signalling that she had just been sleeping."Go downstairs. I will call you if anything."

Kol nodded his head reluctantly, wondering if this ever would have happened if he just stayed with Lydia. If he refused to have the engagement party in New Orleans and just stayed in Mystic Falls with her. Or if he stayed away completely. He didn't know much about what was happening. According to Marcel, she was a mess when he found her and lost consciousness soon after. Once he laid her in Kol's bed, he went to inform everyone what happened. Other than claiming that Lydia thought she saw Silas, they had no clue what happened.

"If this turns out to be the Ancestors doing, what do you suppose we do?" Kol asked Davina when they exited the bedroom, turning down the hall to head to the staircase.

"I already told you my opinion," Davina responded quite sharply."They're only goal is to keep her from you and your family. If they can't draw her to their side, they will try to eliminate her. Stay away from her. Call off the engagement."