☆ 1.25 ~ half light

it makes me feel nervous you have that look in your eye oh, what takes over?
what is it that holds you tight?
when you're in the half light it is not you i see
and you live a half life you only show half to me
~ banners, half light

it makes me feel nervous you have that look in your eye oh, what takes over?what is it that holds you tight?when you're in the half light it is not you i seeand you live a half life you only show half to me~ banners, half light

The past few weeks had gone smoothly for Lydia and Kol. They spent one more day in Spain only to travel to France, Italy and the Netherlands next and stuck around for a while. Kol had a lot of knowledge about the cities which he had no problem sharing with her as they walked hand in hand down the streets together. Lydia had been feeling better in the past few days. Getting away from Mystic Falls for a bit was just what she needed and Lydia had to admit, she was reluctant to go back. She wished that she could stay travelling with Kol forever, they already made plans to venture out of Europe after visiting England since Kol apparently had some old friends there. She knew a time would come when they would have to go back to Mystic Falls, but Lydia hoped that wouldn't be any time soon.

Lydia currently sat in the front, leather seat of a rental car they had picked up after landing in England since his friends lived more near the countryside and they would have to drive. As she sat there, she thought about the places they had visited and all the moments she spent with Kol. He did seem to really like history which was surprising to her and he seemed to enjoy travelling as well. He seemed much more in his element than when they were in Mystic Falls.

"So how many languages do you speak?" Lydia asked curiously, glancing over at Kol in the driver's seat. In each country they visited, Kol spoke the language.

"If it was used in the past thousand years I most likely know it," Kol admitted with a small shrug of his shoulders."Though things change over time. May be a bit outdated. And I may have forgotten some."

"Show off," Lydia teased him with a small, playful role of her eyes."So did you learn them just to make it easier while you were travelling or did you just really want to learn the language?"

"A bit of both," Kol answered, keeping his eyes glued to the road as rain began to drizzle down from the gloomy sky. He wasn't worried about crashing a car typically, after all, he would live, but he wasn't going to risk Lydia's life."But if I am being honest, I did it to read grimoires and other witch texts. They are all different and it is much easier if you speak the language rather than have them translated into English."

"You continued to study spells and stuff?" Lydia raised her eyebrows.

"Of course I did," Kol replied."Magic used to be everything to me and now. . . Now I have you."

Lydia found herself blushing slightly, glancing down at her lap which only made Kol chuckle in response."So. . . Who exactly are these people? More witches."

"Vampires," Kol corrected with a slight nod of his head."A few from my sire line. Some from Rebekah and Nik as well. Elijah was never one for running around with vampires. He saw himself as superior."