☆ 5.31 ~ let's hurt tonight

i know that this love is pain but we can't cut it from out these veins, no so i'll hit the lights and you lock the doors we ain't leaving this room 'til we both feel more don't walk away, don't roll your eyes
they say love is pain, well darling, let's hurt tonight
~ onerepublic, darling

i know that this love is pain but we can't cut it from out these veins, no so i'll hit the lights and you lock the doors we ain't leaving this room 'til we both feel more don't walk away, don't roll your eyesthey say love is pain, well darling, le...

comments until the next chapter: 50
question of the chapter: is there anything you're hoping kol and lydia will discuss or if you read it already is there something they didn't discuss that you'd like to see? (this obviously will not be the last time they discuss things)

"Hi."

Lydia regretted saying that as soon as the word left her lips. Hi. She couldn't think of anything better to say? Hi. After the last time she saw him, she tried to kill him. She couldn't even say it loud enough. She was sure if he wasn't a vampire, he wouldn't have heard her. But Kol didn't seem to think anything of it.

"Hello," He greeted, as if he was just meeting her for another date. As if they never broke up. As if he wasn't living in New Orleans and just so happened to come here on the same day that she did. Hundreds of miles away. As if his brother didn't forbid the two of them from seeing each other by killing her and sticking a dagger through his heart.

"What are you doing here?" Lydia asked him, this time her voice was a bit more clear.

"I'm not quite sure I have an answer for you," Kol admitted with a shrug."Why are you here?"

Lydia didn't know why she was here either. She was just drawn to this spot. Maybe it was because it was where they met, four years ago today. Maybe she was longing for what was. She came here to be close to him. Since she knew that she couldn't go to him. Not unless she wanted to anger Klaus.

"I, um, I found your letter," Lydia replied, but Kol just furrowed his brow.

"My letter?" He repeated, not sure what she was referring to. He did actually leave her quite a bit of letters when they were together. If he had to go out while she was still sleeping, if he wanted her to meet him somewhere. He preferred them to leaving text messages.

"The one you gave me before you- Silas, dumped me," Lydia reminded him, swallowing tightly. Being this close to him made her feel anxious. Last time she was this close to him, she drove a stake through his heart.

"Oh," Kol nodded his head once."What did you think?"

"I think that. . ." Lydia trailed off. She couldn't say what she really thought. She couldn't say anything. Kol needed to leave."You shouldn't be here."

"You needn't worry about my brother," Kol shook his head. He knew all about Klaus' threats to Lydia, but Klaus was occupied with something else. And he would never actually harm Lydia. No matter what he said, he loved her.

"I'm not talking about your brother, I am talking about you," Lydia clarified sharply."Me. We shouldn't do this again."

"Do what?" Kol raised his eyebrows, wondering what she was referring to.