☆ 4.14 ~ thank u, next

now, i'm so amazing
say i've loved and i've lost
but that's not what i see
so, look what i got look at what you taught me
~ ariana grande, thank u, next

now, i'm so amazingsay i've loved and i've lostbut that's not what i seeso, look what i got look at what you taught me~ ariana grande, thank u, next

Sometimes, there was nothing Lydia regretted more than returning to school. Why did she even think it was a good idea? After everything, she had been through, she wanted to add daily assignments and finals to the mix? Sure she had some fun, meeting new people and making new friends, going to parties that she normally wouldn't go to and engaging in typical college behaviour. All of which she got to do with Rebekah as her roommate. The past few months were good. They were normal. She rarely talked about vampires or witches. Her only source of what was going on with that came from the Mikaelsons in New Orleans, but they respected her and Rebekah's decision to not get involved. Overall, her first semester her been a success. Lydia wanted to focus more on the social aspect of school since that wasn't something she did much in high school, but she tried in the academics too. Now it was over. At least for a little while and she was looking forward to her break.

She had been filled with nothing but excitement ever since Rebekah told her that she managed to convince her brothers return to Mystic Falls for the holidays and celebrate them together. Lydia was happy with that, celebrating them with anyone else just didn't feel right and she was glad to have them back. She hadn't seen Klaus or Elijah since before she started college. She had called and video chatted with them several times. Especially Elijah because she may have subtly asked him about certain historical topics when she was writing papers. He stopped when Lydia accidentally admitted it to him after she wrote something that her professor said was incorrect and asked him about it.

So the second Lydia finished her last final, she was on her way back to her dorm room in order to get her bags so that she could head over to the Manor. The Mikaelsons would be arriving a little bit later in the day. So far, everything seemed perfect. She was going home, flurries were beginning to fall from the sky and coat the ground, and she would finally be able to spend the holidays with people she considered family. It actually felt like Christmas.

"Hello, sweetheart ," Lydia nearly shrieked as she felt someone place an arm around her shoulder while she was walking down the pathway.

Lydia was quick to pull away and ready to defend herself against whoever it was, but when she saw their face, Lydia relaxed instantly. She was relieved and excited to see Klaus Mikaelson standing before her, something that she was sure only few have ever said before. But Lydia didn't see what other people saw when she looked at Klaus or any of the Mikaelsons for that mattered. She cared about all of them and any reason they've given her to feel otherwise, they always made up for. With the exception of Kol, but as he was her ex-boyfriend, she figured their relationship could only repair itself by so much, and neither of them have given they a try.

"Klaus?" Lydia breathed out."Why would you do that? You know I'm jumpy."

"You have far surpassed-" Klaus began, only for Lydia to interrupt him.