☆ 5.18 ~ don't watch me cry

i wonder if you're thinkin', "is she alright all alone?"
i wonder if you tried to call but couldn't find your phone have i ever crossed your thoughts because your name's all over mine
~ jorja smith, don't watch me cry

i wonder if you're thinkin', "is she alright all alone?"i wonder if you tried to call but couldn't find your phone have i ever crossed your thoughts because your name's all over mine~ jorja smith, don't watch me cry

20 comments until the next update.
question of the chapter: what's your honest opinion on kol's and lydia's relationship?

"This is nice."

Kol paused upon hearing those words come out of Lydia's mouth, halting his story about how his father had killed both him and his siblings to turn them into vampires. Kol wouldn't exactly use the word nice to describe that, but when he looked down at Lydia as she laid in his arms, she seemed almost peaceful. They had spent the day running around Amsterdam together before returning back to their hotel room. Lydia had some questions about vampires and Kol realized he never told her how they were created. So he started from the beginning. Everything up from the death of their youngest brother to their mother and father turning them.

"I'm not sure that my death was nice, darling, but," Kol responded with a small smile, knowing that she wasn't paying attention. She was at first, but he understood that she was tired. Kol had started training her in the last few days, making sure that she would be able to protect herself. It wasn't that difficult. Lydia had tried to maintain her physical health ever since she was diagnosed with a heart problem and so she actively worked out. She didn't have any problems keeping up physically, but since she never did self-defence, Kol had some things to teach her. He didn't want her to be open to an attack from a vampire or from anyone.

"What? No, um, not that," Lydia glanced up at him, her cheeks reddening."That's not what I meant. I meant us. You and me. Just laying here. I'm not really used to this. I mean I know you are like ten thousand years old so you've probably done this before, but I haven't. I've never had anyone I felt this safe around."

Kol tried his hardest not to smile for a moment, before realizing there was no need. Lydia made him happy. There was no reason to hide that. He was worried that Lydia would be terrified of him, learning what he was. But she actually seemed more comfortable with him now, laying in his arms on the couch in their living room, her head nuzzled against his chest and their legs intertwined. It was surprising to him. He didn't think she would be this vulnerable with him after finding out what he was. He expected her to pull away, but she didn't.

"I never have either," Kol admitted. He had been with others before Lydia, but he had never been this vulnerable with someone either. He certainly didn't hold anyone as he told them stories from his past."And I am not ten thousand years old."

"A thousand is still a lot of time," Lydia mused quietly."You can't tell me you haven't been with someone before in that amount of time."

"Not like this," Kol replied, running his hands through her hair."None like you. There is something about you, that sometimes I don't even fully understand. I was worried that you wouldn't feel the same when you found out what I was. Especially after what you saw in London."