☆5.3 ~ don't call me angel

boy, don't call me angel
you ain't got me right
don't call me angel
you can't pay my price
ain't from no heaven
~ ariana grande, miley cyrus, and lana del ray, don't call me angel

boy, don't call me angelyou ain't got me rightdon't call me angelyou can't pay my priceain't from no heaven~ ariana grande, miley cyrus, and lana del ray, don't call me angel

The entire journey over to Lydia's apartment was awkward for all of them. Lydia had sent one of the models to lead them over to her place. It wasn't far, only one block down where a tall apartment complex stood. Kol didn't pay attention to the details of it, he couldn't focus on anything. He meant to text his travel companions that he found Lydia, but he couldn't bring himself to do so. What was he going to say when they asked what she was doing? If she was alright? He didn't have an answer to anything. He needed more answers. He didn't want to confuse them.

At least that's what Kol told himself. The truth was, he felt like he wasn't in control. He couldn't bring himself to say anything or reach into his pocket and pull out his phone. All he could do was follow his siblings into Lydia's penthouse, stopping on the top floor and making his way out of the elevator. That was when he finally saw her again. She was sitting at the head of the table, the city lights shined brightly behind her from the glass window that covered much of the wall. She leaned against the dark chair, sipping some cocktail in her hand. Katherine sat next to her, her hands folded against the light marble table.

"You made it!" Lydia exclaimed happily once she saw them come out of the elevator. For a slight second, things felt normal again. The way that Lydia spoke was what they were all familiar with, reminding them of when they came back to Mystic Falls to celebrate Christmas with them. She had been so excited to see them again. That was before she even thought about turning it off."Dinner will be served shortly. Please take a seat."

None of the Mikaelsons moved forward, all stared at the table like it was some sort of trap. That just caused Lydia to roll her eyes and like that, the familiar spark of light that she brought to a room was suddenly gone, her eyes went dark and were cold as she narrowed them at her former family.

"Relax, like I said, I have no plans to kill you or anything," Lydia scoffed, sounding somewhat offended."Have a seat. Do you want something to drink?"

No one answered her question, but Elijah was the first to move forward. When he got closer to the table, he noticed that in front of each seat was a card with their names on it. Elijah found his and paused. Of course Lydia put him right next to Katherine. Given by the way Katherine stiffened and kept her eyes looking forward, Elijah got the feeling that it wasn't Katherine's choice to put him there.

Slowly, Klaus, Rebekah, and Kol followed behind him, each taking their assigned seat. Kol's was right next to Lydia, with Klaus on his left and Rebekah in front of Klaus.

It was the first time that Kol had been this close to Lydia in two years. He was finally able to get a good look at her. She looked like a completely different person to him. Not just the clothes or the makeup or the hair, but deep down, Kol could tell that something wasn't right. When he looked into her eyes, he didn't see anything. Before, when he would look at her, he would see pieces of who she was. Gazing into her eyes was soothing to Kol. It always provided him with comfort and love that he wasn't able to find anywhere else. Now, it was like her eyes were empty. She made eye contact with him for a brief second, enough to send chills down Kol's spine, but she didn't seem bothered at all. She just winked and turned away.