☆ 4.25 ~ waiting game

now my skin starts to crawl
i'm gon' tear down these walls if i don't get out
i've lost heaven to hell and i know very well
i'm gon' get it back there's just this waiting game
and i don't know how to play
~ parson james, waiting game

now my skin starts to crawli'm gon' tear down these walls if i don't get outi've lost heaven to hell and i know very well i'm gon' get it back there's just this waiting gameand i don't know how to play~ parson james, waiting game

"I cannot believe that I am truly related to you three idiots."

Those were the first words to leave Rebekah's lips as she stared at her three older brothers, wondering what was going through their heads after they just finished explaining to her what happened. After Lydia stormed out, Rebekah cleared out the party and then demanded that Klaus tell her what was going on. By that time, Kol had come downstairs and he too had some explaining to do.

"Let me get this straight," Rebekah huffed, pacing around the centre of the compound and hoping that one of her brothers would tell her this wasn't true."You use Lydia's marriage to Kol as some tool in your war for this city by insinuating that Kol should propose, keep it from her, and then act surprised when she thinks that you three all planned for this engagement after she learns that Kol wanted to break up with her regardless of Silas? If I was her, I would have burned this place to the ground. How dare you use her love for something so stupid?"

"In my defence, I was against it-" Kol began, but he was interrupted by Rebekah shoving his chest.

"Oh, shut up, Kol," Rebekah scowled."You are more responsible for this than anyone because she was going to be your wife. It was your duty to put her first and you failed miserably. She learns that idiots one and two told idiot three to propose to her to gain her loyalty and then idiot three goes and responds with a yes, what the hell is the matter with you?"

"I do not see why we are being yelled at for Kol's inability to tell Lydia the truth," Klaus pointed out, causing Rebekah to narrow her eyes at him.

"You are to blame as well, Nik!" Rebekah exclaimed."You do not mess with a marriage. That is sacred. Lydia trusts you. You betrayed that trust and you lied. If there is one thing that Lydia hates it is being kept in the dark."

"Then we will tell her the truth when she returns," Elijah stepped in."Kol can explain what happened. Everything will be alright."

"Everything will be far from alright, do you think she will believe you now?" Rebekah shot back."Because no matter whether or not Kol lied to her about Silas, you two were still using her marriage as a tool in your game. It still caused the Ancestors to harm her and she still read that letter from her parents and we all know what that said. She is hurt. We do not even know where she is. What if the witches found her? Then what? We have Stefan and Elena out looking for her. Something could easily happen to them, not that I care."

"The Ancestors can't hurt Lydia anymore," Davina announced as she walked into the compound.

Klaus snarled, turning to face her and taking a step forward, only for Elijah to extend his arm and push him back."Do you have any idea what you have done?"