☆ 2.17 ~ flowers for a ghost

see my head aches from all this thinkin'
feels like a ship god, god knows i'm sinkin'
~ thinking ivory, flowers for a ghost

see my head aches from all this thinkin'feels like a ship god, god knows i'm sinkin' ~ thinking ivory, flowers for a ghost

Rebekah could feel her heart drop in her chest as she approached the area where she had last seen Lydia. The younger vampire, after convincing her and Stefan to leave her alone to talk to Kol for a bit, promised that she would meet them back at the campsite since she didn't know how long she was going to be talking to Kol for. Despite their better judgment, Stefan and Rebekah allowed it since they hoped that Lydia was strong enough to take care of herself. After all, they had a role in her training as well and Kol and Klaus did as well so they were fairly certain she could fight off anything that attacked her. But after Lydia failed to show up after an hour and a half passed, they went to search for her.

Unfortunately, the only thing that could be found was her phone that was on the forest floor by the tree they left her at. And it just so happened to be ringing, displaying that Kol was currently calling. At least Rebekah assumed Kolioli was Kol, there was no way she wasn't teasing him about that later, but right now, Kol was the last person she wanted to talk to because she didn't want to tell him that they just lost his girlfriend on the island with hunters and the deadly, immortal being Silas when they promised to keep her safe.

Rebekah grimaced as she bent down to the ground, picking up Lydia's cell phone and answering it, raising it to her ear.

"Lydia, are you alright?" Kol immediately questioned as Rebekah put the phone on speaker so that Stefan could hear it more easily. Plus she had a feeling Kol was going to yell at her once he found out she was missing so she didn't want the phone to be against her ear.

"It's me, not Lydia," Rebekah answered slowly. Based on the way Kol answered, Rebekah hoped that he heard something that could explain what happened to Lydia and where she was."Stefan and I just found her phone. What happened?"

"What happened was that you two failed at the one task you were given," Klaus was quick to answer. Rebekah forgot that he was even there."How hard is it to keep an eye on Lydia? All you have to do is feed her marshmallows every few seconds like a dog with treats and she will stay right by your side."

"Niklaus, we can yell at them after we find, Lydia," Kol scolded, of course he was angry that they left Lydia alone, but he was more concerned with finding her than yelling at them."Before she left, she told me someone was calling her name."

"Maybe someone was," Stefan noted."We still haven't found Jeremy and we haven't seen anyone else. Maybe they were calling her name. Kol, could you hear the voice?"

"No, I did not hear anyone" Kol let out a frustrated sigh."But she thought it was me, so it had to have been close enough that she thought it came from the phone."

"Did she sound like she was in a hurry?" Stefan asked next.

"She was rather calm," Kol admitted."But when Lydia has these. . . Psychic moments, she goes into some what of a trance and sounds distant. This could have been something along those lines."