☆ 5.23 ~ help me out

will you please come back, come back?
help me out
~ alicks, help me out

will you please come back, come back?help me out~ alicks, help me out

20 comments until the next chapter.
question of the chapter: which mikaelson is your fav?

Lydia's eyes felt heavy as they fluttered open, greeted by the white ceiling above her. She could see part of the light that hung from it, and she instantly recognized it in the one in her living room. It wasn't on, but the room was still bright, signalling to her that it must've been daytime. But that wasn't what she remembered when she was last awake. She remembered being with Stefan, at the beach, and then everything went dark.

Quickly, Lydia sat up in her spot, coming face to face with her roommate who sat next to her. Alyssa smiled upon seeing Lydia, who squinted her eyes and tilted her head to the side. How did she end up back in her apartment? And why?

"How did I get here?" Lydia asked her."And what happened?"

"Your friends tried to ambush you," A new voice answered for her, causing Lydia to turn her head to the right where she saw Elora sitting on one of their chairs across from the couch."We obviously couldn't let that happen, so we took care of them."

"What do you mean take care of them?" Lydia narrowed her eyes, furrowing her brow and widening her eyes slightly.

"You can relax, they're both okay," Elora eased her worries."The blonde one snuck up behind you to snap your neck."

"Caroline," Lydia mumbled. It must've been her."Wait, were you having me followed?"

Elora shook her head."No, but we do have security outside at night. Their job is to protect our patients. They took out Stefan and Caroline. They woke up and left a few hours ago."

"I can't believe, well I guess I do believe that they'd try this," Lydia corrected herself. She wished that she could say she was surprised, but she wasn't. She just wished that this didn't happen just as Stefan was about to tell Lydia how that felt.

"Lydia, Alyssa has informed me that your friends have posed a bit of a problem," Elora cleared her throat, standing up from the chair."Our job here is to protect you, that includes protecting you from yourself and your friends. We also will not risk the safety of others. I think it would be best if your friends were no longer allowed near the perimeter."

"I agree," Lydia said without even having to think about it. She was frustrated with her friends. That after all of these years, they still didn't trust her to take care of herself."But please, don't hurt them. They're just trying to protect me. They won't hurt anyone."

"Sometimes, the protection of someone we love can lead to great destruction," Elora replied dryly."But we are not killers here. As long as your friends do not harm anyone, they will not be harmed."

"I'll let them know," Lydia swallowed tightly, watching as Elora nodded her head once before she began to walk towards the apartment door, leaving both Alyssa and Lydia alone together.