☆ 3.13 ~ love in the dark

you have given me something that i can't live without. you mustn't underestimate that when you are in doubt but i don't want to carry on like everything is fine. the longer we ignore it, all the more that we will fight
~ adele, love in the dark

For the second time that day, Lydia awoke to an empty bed which did not surprise her

For the second time that day, Lydia awoke to an empty bed which did not surprise her. She had basically passed out in the middle of the day. Unlike earlier, she was not alone in the room. When she lifted her head from the pillow, she could see Kol sitting at the chair next to the vanity, flipping through a book that was bound in leather. Lydia knew what it was immediately. After all, they made it together. Lydia made a scrap book of the two of them together one day. It was filled with nothing but photos of the two of them together. But Kol looked to be searching for something specific, Lydia just didn't know what it was.

"Is everything alright, Kol?" Lydia calked out to him, watching as he almost jumped in his spot and quickly closed the book as if he wasn't supposed to be looking at it.

"Yes," Kol nodded his head slowly."Everything is fine. I was waiting for you to wake up. Are you feeling alright?"

"Yeah," Lydia breathed out with a slight nod of her head. She actually did happen to feel well much to her relief.

"Wonderful," Kol responded as he moved closer to Lydia, sitting down right beside her on the edge of the bed."I was thinking that it has been far too long since the two of us have spent an evening together. What do you say we do something?"

Lydia smiled slightly at this. It would be nice to get a break from everything going on. For it to just be the two of them. They hadn't had that in a while. Well, they had, but not when Kol had his memories back. The last time was when she was saying goodbye to Kol."I think that sounds great. What did you have in mind?"

"Ah, that is a surprise, darling," Kol winked at her."All you need to do is go see Rebekah. I did not ask her to help you get ready but she saw the dress I got you and insisted you couldn't get ready alone."

Lydia laughed a little bit at this,"Okay. Where should I meet you?"

"In the foyer," Kol answered her question."Rebekah insisted it will take at least two hours to accessorize, do your hair and your makeup."

"She's gonna treat me like a doll again, isn't she?" Lydia groaned a bit. She didn't mind being all dressed up and enjoyed doing it herself, but she wasn't a fan of someone doing it to her.

"She always wanted a sister," Kol shrugged her shoulders and leaned forward, kissing the top of Lydia's forehead."I will see you soon, Lydia."

"Lydia?" She raised her eyebrows, causing Kol to shrug his shoulders.

"Is that not your name?" Kol asked as he stood up from the bed.

"Yes, but you only call me Lydia when something is wrong," Lydia reminded him."Is something wrong? Did something/"