19

K a r l ' s  P o v

stars filled the sky like a blanket.. they were beautiful. the sky was clear of clouds and it felt as if all my worries and problems just disappeared. luna was looking up and she looked mesmerized by the little lights in the sky. i swear i saw her eyes twinkle from looking at them.

"this is really good for my mental health.." luna mumbled.

everyone agreed quietly, not wanting to break the peace and silence. i look at nick who had a soft smile on his face.. it looked like he's never stared at stars before. i smiled at his face and looked at dream who towered beside luna. he had his arms crossed and looked at peace.

"can we stay here for a little longer?" i ask quietly.

dream looked back at me and nodded softly. i smiled at him and leaned back, laying my back down on the vehicle roof. nick copied me and we looked at each other with smiles plastered on our faces. we both look back up at the sky, feeling the vibration of the car on our bodies.

"there's the big dipper." dream pointed at the sky.

"well dream, you can't just point up and expect us to see it." nick sassed, causing us to laugh.

"can you show me where?" luna asked dream.

i sat up and looked at the two on the ground. dream leaned down to luna's level and pointed up. she turned to him with a smile but it dropped when she realized how close their faces were. dream stood up quickly while luna snapped her head up.

"i think someone is calling me.. it's george?" dream pulled out his phone.

"what does he want?" nick sat up, looking at him.

"i dunno. hi." dream answered.

i could hear talking but i had no idea what he was saying. dream walked away from the car and looked back. he pointed at sapnap and waved for him to come over. he groaned and hopped off.

"we will be right back." he said and runs off.

there was silence between luna and i which felt peaceful. i tapped her head to get her attention which worked.

"hello karl." she smiles looking up at me.

"hello luna. wanna join me up here? i can help you up if you'd like." i offer.

she nods and i get off. she stands there confused on what to do and i felt a wave of anxiety rush over me.

"can i lift you up by your waist or do you just want to climb up yourself.." i asked.

"go for it! i'm sure that it would work. how do you want me to stand." she smiled and looked at the car.

"i'll just grab here and you will jump on the count of 3. i'll lift you up enough for you to be able to sit down or something." i tell her, stepping closer to her.

we were very close. i lift her baggy shirt up just a little, enough that i can place my hands on her waist so she won't slip down and out of my grip. as soon as my hands met her skin, she got stiff and i instantly pulled my hands back.

"i'm sorry-"

"i didn't mean to get all stiff. i'm so sorry. you did nothing wrong. i was just caught of guard because your hands are warm and i was expecting them to be cold.." she mumbled the one part.

i can see her cheeks get a little pink, either from the cold or she's blushing. i smile because i found her reaction to my hands touching her skin super cute. i look at them and i look back at her.

"their warm? but we have been outside for so long." i smile at her.

she just shrugs and looks away from me, avoiding eye contact.

"want me to lift you up again? this time you know how my hands feel." i giggle to her.

"sure. also shut up." she smiles at me.

i place my hands on her skin and we count to three so i can lift her up. she jumps up helping me lift her and i set her down lightly on the roof of the vehicle. she smiles brightly and looks up instantly, probably thinking she got closer to the sky.

"it's so beautiful i can't get over how much i love the stars." she talks, shivering a bit.

i open the car door and i grab my sweater that was laying on the seat. i close the door and i climb to get onto the roof to join her. i sit next to her and i place the sweater around her shoulders.

"thank you karl." she smiles and slips it on.

"you were shivering so i obviously had to make sure you stay warm. you are so tiny so you need as much warmth you can get!" i flash her a quick smile.

she was still shivering and i was thinking how to make her warm without doing anything crazy. i scoot behind her and i place my legs on both sides of her body in front of me. i grab her hips and i pull her back so we were flushed together.

"what uh- what are you doing?" she asked, sounding shocked.

"keeping you warm since you are shaking already. i can stop if you want." i tell her slowly letting go.

i feel her hands grab mine and she wraps them around her body. she wiggled back into me, getting even closer if that's possible and she crosses her legs. i smile because i can feel her body not shaking anymore and she feels relaxed.

"you are so warm. my cat would love you." she smiled to herself.

"he already does, remember?" i laugh.

she laughs with me. we were quite together for a little bit until she sighs randomly.

"are you okay?" i was quick to ask since she sighed.

"this is just nice.. i've always dreamed of looking at the stars with my partner when i was older and happy. this whole thing just makes me feel calm and loved that's all." she tells me.

i can feel myself get all soft and blushy from hearing her say that i'm making her feel calm and even loved. i wrap my arms around her tighter and i place my head on her shoulder. i always think this.. why does this girl feel different then the rest? why do i feel like there could be something between us?

"what's your zodiac sign?" she asks me.

"i'm a cancer, and you?" i turn to look at her.

"i'm a leo. a lot of people hate me just because i tell them i'm a leo." she smiles and shakes her head.

i smile when i see hers and she turns to look at me. both of our eyes widen since our faces were very close, almost touching. she quickly looks away and i turn my head the other way. i wanted to kiss her for some reason..