66

K a r l ' s  P o v

"now i'm getting colder.. but how could i hate her? she's such an angel!" luna sings out.

"but then again kinda wish she were dead.." i sing the next line.

"as she walkssss by!! what a sight for soreeee eyes!! brighter than the blueee sky!! she's got you mesmerized while i die!!" we both sing together, looking at each other briefly.

"why would you ever kissss me!! i'm not even half as prettyyyy!" luna sings but i quickly interrupt before the next line.

"LIES!" i scream out to her.

she tried to sing the words but ends up laughing and pausing the song.

"karl! i was having a sad moment!" she looks at me laughing.

"well i know it's just lyrics but you said you aren't even half as pretty- which was a lie so i had to yell lies." i glance at her.

"god you are so dumb i love it.. i'm replaying the song but not all the way. i just need to get into my feels." she admits and rewinds the song a bit.

the music plays through the car and we both sing along together again. the one line comes up again and i side eye luna and she's already side eyeing me. she purposely skips over that line and i try to hide the stupid smile.

"you gave her your sweater, it's just polyester.. but you like her better–"

"I WISH I WERE HEATHER!!" we both scream out.

the music was loud, the windows were down, it was dark out and we were having the time of our lives, also probably an emotional time since this song makes me emotional if i think about me in the situation, which i don't think i have been..

"this song makes me want to always cry i don't get it." luna chuckles.

i look over at her and she's wiping her eyes and i do a double take and see she had tears in them. i turn the music down before i start talking to her so i could hear her properly.

"w-what? why are you crying!" i try to focus on the road and her at the same time.

"karl just look at the street! i'm fine." she laughs and pushes my face to look at the road.

"but you are crying. are you okay? i know you are emotional but don't cry babe." i slip out.

we both freeze and then we start laughing. we agree that calling each other names like babe and baby is going to be weird at first and we'll probably take it in a joking way but eventually grow comfortable to use it in a normal romantic way. we then got back to our conversation before.

"i wasn't expecting that.. but this song is just relatable and makes me cry. i used to cry to it a bunch because i was that emotional and lonely bitch." luna laughs at herself.

"well now you can be emotional with me because you are now no longer alone." i place my hand on her leg.

she right away wraps her hand around mine and holds it close to her. i smile to myself and continue to drive back home. we listened to more pumped up songs so we wouldn't cry while driving home from our little date. the drive was a little long since i ended up taking wrong turns which caused luna to yell at me, in a funny way and not a toxic way!

"gosh karl you've taken 3 wrong turns.. how do you not know where we are?" luna rubs her eyes, laughing in between words.

"listen! i'm just getting distracted by all the lights that are out okay? and you are distracting me. stop looking pretty!" i defend myself.