40

K a r l ' s P o v

now that i'm back home, i just feel exhausted. i walk into my room and i fall onto my bed, not wanting to get up to unpack. i decided to text sapnap to tell him i made it home safely and tiredly. as i was in the middle of texting my phone started to ring.

"hello there.." i yawn.

"are you home yet?" quackity asks.

"yes i am, back in my cozy house." i smile to myself.

"how did things go with L? have you talked to her since you got home?"

i could feel myself tense up and i sigh. quackity heard me and asked me what's wrong right away or why i was sighing.

"L isn't happy with me.. she hasn't really talked to me at all and she didn't answer my text from before.." i put him on speaker.

"did you see her new post on instagram? do you know if she's going out somewhere or something?" quackity keeps asking me things, getting me slightly annoyed and overwhelmed.

"dude i love you but i can't just talk about her right now. if you wanna talk about her, call her yourself. i'm sorry.." i rub my eyes.

"no no, don't apologize. i'm sorry for asking you stuff about her and nothing about you. i apologize again. how was your trip back home?" he switches the topic thankfully.

"it was boring. i'm gonna miss hanging out with sapnap and dream.. and L.. i really messed up things with her already just over someone else.." i try to not think about her.

"want me to let you just relax for a bit? i can call you later because if you just need some alone time, don't you worry i totally understand karl." quackity tells me, making me feel bad.

"i'm sorry. i wanna talk to you but i just can't really talk to anyone right now. thank you for calling me though, i appreciate it.. i'll call you later and we can talk for real without me being all tired and sad. bye alex." i hang up.

i go onto instagram and a post of dream pops up. he was wearing a suit and he had his huge mask covering his whole face. i chuckled and i looked at the comments seeing luna already commented. i go to her instagram to look at her post again and i just stare at it. why is she all dressed up?

"why do i suck so much.." i groan.

i go to text luna but i don't think she will respond again but it's worth a shot.

karl :]
hey, i know things got all weird before i left but i will be back sooner than you know. it was nice meeting you and hanging out with you luna

karl :]
i know you probably hate me currently but i wanna talk to you soon. when you get the time text me back please :/

i sigh and i sit up. i toss my phone to my side and i stand up looking around my room. i walk over to my suit case and i start to unpack it, still thinking about why luna is all dressed up.. and why coincidentally dream is wearing a suit.. wait a minute-

"are they on a date?!" i run back to my phone and i call sapnap.

the phone rings and rings and he finally picks up.

"hey! did you make it home safely-"

"are they on a date??" i ask right away.

"what?"

"is dream and luna on a date together!" i could feel myself get super upset about it.

sapnap was quiet on the other line and i could feel my eyes burn. i hang up and i sit down on my bed with my head facing the floor. little drops fell from my eyes and i just wipe them. i was so frustrated and upset i ended up making myself cry.. lame.

"why did corinna have to start texting me again when i thought something good is happening with someone.. i feel so dumb." i mumble to myself.

i don't want to think about the fact that dream could be kissing luna right now and she probably would let him since he's been treating her so much better than i have this little bit.. i just want her to know i care about her and only her. corinna is just my friend and she made that very clear with her long message she sent me.

"man.. if only i didn't mess up." i frown at the floor.

my phone vibrated and i quickly fumble to find it on my bed. once i pick it up i saw the notification on my phone screen. i felt short of breath and i wanted to yell.

luna :)
oh hi. sorry i've been busy and i'm out rn. we can talk later if that's cool.

karl :]
for sure. just text me whenever. i made it home alright as well

luna :)
ok

i sighed at her messages and i wanted to just smack her upside the head for her dry responses. i wanted to get mad at her but she has every reason to be upset with me since she probably thought i liked corinna.

karl :]
i just want you to know that i have no feelings for corinna and she has no feelings for me. we are only friends and i hope you don't get the wrong idea anymore. i want to talk to you about it when you can.
Read

i turn my phone off and i get mad at her not responding back. i just get up and walk away from my phone for the rest of the night, not wanting to deal with this random drama anymore. for the rest of the night i ended up sitting on my floor with my eyes closed, having haikyuu play in the background pretending i'm in luna's room since it was nice there.

"i'm so sorry i made you upset.." i say pretending i'm talking to her.

i sighed and just took a deep breath.

"i really like you and i wanted to talk to you about it and see where we can go even though we just met. i feel safe around you and i feel comfortable in your presence. i miss holding you and you holding me. i miss tobio and how he would lay with us when we watched your favourite show.. i feel like i just went through a heartbreak.. i just hope we can fix what happened between us and go back to what happened before." i sniff.