71

A v e r y ' s  P o v

"so when are you coming back?"

"i think in a month. i really missed my sister and dude.. i'm hanging out with karl jacobs. my sister is dating karl jacobs." i whisper to my friend on the phone.

"you are a liar. you are just at your grandpas again like usual but your mom got tired of you so you are there longer." she giggles as i roll my eyes.

"have you not watched karl's streams at all??! i'm in them dumbass." i prop my phone up to clean my room.

"wait i forgot you have a sister." she randomly blurts.

"how do you forget that..?" i stare at her confused while she looks back at me.

"well you are never with her and you guys don't have any photos together. not on any of your social media accounts at least." she shrugs.

i stand there thinking if i do have any photos of the both of us anywhere.

"i swear i have some on vsco or something.. tiktok too but just farther down." i stretch my head.

"i don't stalk your tiktok or vsco for photos or videos of you and your sister avery. also you don't really talk about her. well, not as much since we've been friends."

"oh. i could've sworn i talk about luna all the time.." i just stand there and looking at the floor.

"hey don't stress about it. we've only just started getting closer so don't worry. there's still more i have to learn and more you gotta learn about me.. like i bet you didn't know i have a ukulele!" she pulls out her ukulele.

"you are right, i didn't know you have one." i chuckle, shaking my head at her.

we continue to talk more and i finish up cleaning my room while being on call. we ended up talking for a little longer before she had to go.

"i'll call you back later okay? i'll try to text you a bit before my mom comes and takes my phone away." she sighs.

"why does she take your phone away?" i sit down and ask her.

"well like i said, there are things you have to learn about me but we can save them for later.. i'll talk to you soon." she smiles softly before she hangs up.

i frown and grab my phone and text her back. i toss my phone to the side and i get off my bed and walk out of my room. i look over to see karl and luna's door closed and then i hear karl yell.

"oh he's streaming i think." i chuckle and walk to the kitchen to grab some food.

i find crackers labeled luna and i eat them at the counter in silence before i heard footsteps coming down the hallway. i look over, crackers all stuffed in my mouth to see luna walking in, startled when she sees me.

"what the hell– what are you eating?" she asks right away.

"these crackers i found." i grab the box, mouth still full.

"ew.. also those are my crackers. it literally says my name on the box." she points to the name on the box.

"i know." i grab some more and eat them before luna could yank them away.

"give me those you little shit." she lunged at me to get the box.

i gasped and ran away from the psycho down the hall into their room. i close the door and i lock it and i sigh, turning to see karl staring at me with wide eyes.

"oh hey. how's gaming going?" i ask, leaning against the door as luna is yelling behind it.

"good.. whatcha got there?" he asks, nodding to the box in my hands.

"oh, it's luna's crackers. i got hungry and saw these and ate them. want some?" i offer to him.

"sure!" he does grabby hands to get the box.

"avery open this door!! it's my own damn room!" luna continues to yell.

"shut up you crazy lady. i'm bonding with karl. this is avery and karl bonding time. go away. you are disturbing our peace." i yell back as i pass the box to karl.

"this says luna's name on here.. oh well." karl shoves some crackers in his mouth.

luna continues to knock on the door loudly, every so often yelling curse words at me.. not karl though which i found unfair since he's eating more than me.

"can i please come in.. i won't hurt you. i just want my crackers." luna whines outside of the room.

"she sounds sad. i should let luna in.." karl frowns at the door.

"well.. she might either take her anger out on me and murder me or attack your neck again." i raise an eyebrow at the boy standing up.

he freezes and slowly turns to face me, face going to a shade of red. he awkwardly smiles and turns back to the door and walks towards it. he grabs the handle and stares me in the eyes and unlocks it. he quickly moves out of the way just in time before the door came flying open.

"GIVE ME THEM BACK!" she yells, charging full speed at me.

"KARL HOW DARE YOU!" i yell at him and i jump over the bed to get away from luna.

"hey your fault! you said something about luna and i so this is on you buddy!" karl holds his hands up to defend himself.

"what did avery say about you and i??" luna stops right away to face the boy.

"um.. well i guess you left a little stuff behind." karl quickly walks to the mirror.

"and you were wearing lipstick or something too. for what reason may i ask?" i raise my eyebrow at luna, eyes are wide.

she didn't say anything but stared at karl examining his neck in the mirror. she really went ham on the poor guys neck. probably gonna be stained with lipstick and definitely gonna be bruised with hickeys.

"luna." karl sighs, ruffling his hair.

i watched as luna stood still and i even couldn't help but stand still, due to karl's tone and the sigh. he walks past luna and to me, grabbing the box of crackers gently. he then grabs my hand and escorts me out of the room, keeping the crackers in hand.

"shoo now, i have to discuss some things with luna here." he slowly closes the door.

i stand there for a bit longer trying to listen to them in the bedroom but they weren't making any sounds. i did hear footsteps coming back to the door so i ran away to my room. i close the door behind me and i sigh. man all i wanted was some crackers..