45

A v e r y ' s P o v

"so mom.. how would you feel about me flying to stay with luna for a month or so..?" i ask as my mom walked around the kitchen.

she stopped in her tracks and looked at me with a confused look.

"where is this all coming from..?" she chuckles.

"her and i talk all the time and she has made so many new friends and i think she's kinda famous now. she hangs out with popular people too." i get up to show her fanart.

i find a picture of karl and luna and i told her that's her.

"your sister doesn't socialize. what makes you think she would be famous and such?" she just gives me a weird look.

"there is this whole long story.. but remember nick her friend?" i ask sitting back down at the table.

"yes i do, i wonder how he's doing." mom smiles.

"he's famous." i bluntly say.

she was taken back by my comment and just shook her head.

"having only a few thousand followers on instagram doesn't make you famous avery.. how many does he have anyways out of curiosity?" she starts to walk over to me.

i pull out my phone again and i find his instagram. i show her and she looked surprised. i go onto youtube as well and i show her his subscribers.

"see.. also lunas friends that are famous also have formed a group online and they are big. a lot of people watch them. i think luna also has heart eyes for one of nicks friends. he doesn't live in florida but he came to visit so they met. gosh i would love to go hangout with luna and nick again, except we're older so more things are open for us." i smile and i set my phone down.

"how will you pay for a ticket.. and what about food? and if you guys go shopping?" mom starts rapidly firing questions.

"mom i have money saved. i've been wanting to visit luna for a while so i started to save money from work.. and i'm sure luna would also help pitch in for food and things." i sigh.

"call her then and we can all talk about it."

i froze and i looked at her. she hasn't talked to luna on the phone in a long time as i'm aware of. i open my phone and i go to text her to tell her i'm calling but mom insisted we just surprise call her. i set the phone down and put it on speaker phone. it rang a few times before luma answered.

"hola! hi haha." luna giggles.

"hey dummy, so i was talking to mom about me coming to visit you and she has a few things she wanted to ask.." i try to let her know that mom is right here.

"oh solid, what does she want to know? is she gonna let you come see me or is she gonna keep us separated still.." luna mumbles.

"hi luna, it's mom. if avery were to stay with you, do you have an apartment or an actual house?"

"i own a house with a few bedrooms but one is getting cleaned out for a new roommate." luna said.

"wait hold on, roommate?!" i repeat.

"oh yeah, i'll tell you that later avery."

"okay and do you actually have food in your house and not just noodles and bread?"

"mom i make food for myself and when my friends come over i'll make them food too. sometimes we will only have noodles because we all agreed on it. but i have more than noodles and bread." i could hear luna is getting irritated.

"how is avery gonna get to you on a plane with no money? tickets are expensive luna."

"my rich friend- no i'm kidding. my friend who is a little more wealthier offered to pay for her ticket because he knows how badly we want to see each other and he wants to meet her since she is in fact, a fan of him."

"you are using your friends money to have avery fly out for you? seriously luna? you are being a needy bitch right now." mom started to shake her head.

"oh my god really? i'm done talking after i say this one thing. avery is old enough where she can choose and make her own decisions. yes i know she's not 18 yet but she is old enough to know if she wants to do something or not and you should be supporting her. she wants to see me mom, her older sister who she hasn't seen in forever. why are so mad it seems like that she wants to see me and spend time with me? avery could meet people she looks up to as well you do realize this right? you could be taking away a chance that avery probably would maybe not have again. let the girl fly down. i will pay for her tickets since i'm such a needy bitch towards everyone. avery text me later and we can figure stuff out. love you avery." and then luna hung up.

i say there with my eyes so wide and i didn't even want to look at mom for her reaction. i just turned my phone off and stood up.

"i'm gonna go to my room.." i spoke turning around.

"okay sounds good." mom answered quietly.

i walked to my room and i closed my door. i didn't know if i should be happy that i'm gonna see luna or mad because mom is going to come into my room and scream at me because of what luna said. i felt my phone buzz and i looked and luna texted me.

luna
sorry about that

avery
sorry for what? being a badass??

luna
shut up. when do you want to fly down or when are you able too?

avery
anytime. school is online so i would just have to use a computer for school if i came to your house

luna
oh that's perfect then
do you want to come down sooner?
karl is coming back down to move in so maybe he might be down when you are here

avery
i would cry
honestly
i love karl
and dream
ans george
and omg all the minors like me!!

luna
omg should we talk to dream one day to ask for all the minors to be in a call and become friends??

avery
shut up that would be so cool. like i already know all of them but it would be cool to know them as like actually friends :)

luna
okay exciting
i can text karl about the flight to make sure it's 100% with him to pay because he seems like he wants to
i'll just say you are coming down next week for how long do you want?

avery
wait really?
i get to choose??

luna
yes of course dummy

avery
forever

luna
no omg

avery
why :(
how about a mount?
month*

luna
okay perfect, you'll stay here for a MOUNT

avery
SHUT YP
UP

luna
YOU CANT EVEN SPELL

avery
brb crying because my sister hates me

luna
if i hated you why would i be trying to make you fly down to my house for a while??
tell me how that works

avery
it doesn't. you are just LYING
i need to go because mom just asked me to come help her figure out supper
she doesn't seem mad
for some reason

luna
okay good i was just gonna ask is she angry
but just text me or i'll text you about the details later when karl answers me. bye bye

avery
bye bitch