69

L u n a ' s  P o v

"quick and quiet.. i have to be quick but quiet." i mumble to myself.

i try to pry myself out of bed without waking karl up but also without moving to much. i make it out of bed and i speed walk to my dresser and i grab sweats and new underwear. i almost run to the bathroom knowing i'm not gonna be happy with what i see.

"fuck off." i groan as the cramps start to kick in.

i'm hunched over on the toilet, wrapping my arms around my lower stomach just trying to stay still and keep the cramps contained. i finish up with my business and i grab my dirty clothes and i freeze, panicking as i walk to the bedroom. i get to my side and i lift up the blanket of where i was sleeping and i felt tears brim my eyes.

"fuck fuck fuck.." i mumble as i stare at the stain in the bed.

i pace around my room trying to figure out what to do. i could see karl moving and i run to stop him from rolling onto the stain. his hand comes up to rub his face and i could feel my face start to burn. he rubs his eyes and next thing you know they start to open.

"oh good morning luna.." karl smiles sleepily at me.

"morning.." i mumble, trying to blink away tears.

"what are you doing awake so early. it's not like you." he chuckles and stretches a bit.

"i just kinda woke up." i shrug.

"okay.. why are you hunched over like that? come lay back down for a bit." karl opens his arms up, waiting for me to climb in.

"not right now.." i shake my head trying to shake away my embarrassment and tears.

"are you okay?" he starts to sit up.

"yes! i'm okay." i try to continue to cover my spot.

"okay.. i'm gonna go to the bathroom and come back to talk to you. something isn't okay and i want to know what's going on." he gets out of bed.

i just nod and he leaves the room. i quickly rip the blanket and sheets off the bed and i grab the stained things. i stare at it and i sigh, rubbing my face. i don't know what to do currently since it's been a long time since this had happened to me. i guess i was thinking for too long because karl came back.

"luna what are you doing?"

i look at the door and karl is standing there, staring at me confused. i stood there, frozen in place and not wanting to tell him what happened because i'm embarrassed. he starts to slowly walk over and i try my absolute best to hide the red on the sheets but he must've seemed to notice.

"oh luna.. beautiful.. did you happen to get your um, period..?" karl asks hesitantly.

i felt the tears fall from my eyes and karl sighs. he grabs the sheets and blankets, dropped them to the side and wraps his arms around me.

"i'm sorry.. i didn't think that would happen. i'll clean it right away–"

"luna it's okay! don't apologize for something like this. you can't help it. don't think i'm mad at you or anything. it's just a stain i'm sure we can get out.. are you feeling okay?" karl wipes my tears from my cheeks.

"it's gross and i can clean it myself don't worry.. i didn't expect to have that happen since i'm usually good with being prepared." i sigh.

"it's not gross i promise. if you are more comfortable with you cleaning it then i'll just grab the things you need and assist if you need any help. sometimes things come unexpectedly and you can't help it. how about i go get you some chocolate if you like that stuff and i'll grab some painkillers for you." karl rubs my back.