36

L u n a ' s  P o v

"just explain to me this.. karl and i are starting to get closer and when i say closer, i mean fucking close. but randomly this really pretty girl starts talking to him and he left the room to talk to her for 45 minutes avery.. that long and they were just talking." i rant to avery on the phone.

"luna take a deep breath first of all.. you are gonna cause yourself to have a fucking panic attack or whatever you get. maybe him and this girl have been friends for a while and she randomly texted him today and called him..? i'm not sure honestly." avery speaks to me.

"but avery, she's really fucking pretty. like she has the nice long blonde hair with these beautiful hazel eyes, i would fall in love with her if i got to know her. she seems so funny and sweet.. but then you go into her instagram and she's got this killer body." i sigh and just think of her instagram dream showed me.

"don't compare yourself to her."

i sigh and i sit on my bed. i wipe my eyes a little since i was getting stressed out over this. once i started to think more about it, the more my eyes would water.

"i don't mean to but when everyone else around you is so beautiful, it's hard." i explain to avery.

i can hear her sigh but it wasn't an annoyed sigh, it was a more so sad sigh.

"luna if i was there i would slap you.. you are beautiful. stop bringing yourself down. you are a leo, you are hot and you are supposed to think that as well!" she laughs a little.

i slightly smile and i shrug. i heard a light knock at my door and i quickly wipe my face.

"hey avery i gotta go. i'll call you later okay?" i tell avery.

"sounds good, text me if you need anything. love you luna." she says.

"i will, love you too. bye." i hang up the phone.

i wipe my face again and i say come in to whoever is at the door. i was expecting karl to walk in but that's not who showed up.

"oh hey dream, what's up?" i was shocked.

"you look pretty upset.. can i sit?" he asks pointing at my bed.

i nod and he closes the door behind him. he walks over to sit beside me and i just sigh. i felt hands grab me and dream pulled me into his chest. i could feel my eyes water but i didn't want to cry but i hugged him back tightly.

"i didn't mean to overhear your conversation with your sister but i did listen to a bit of it. you are beautiful okay? i'm not just saying this to make you feel better, like you are genuinely really pretty and your personality just makes you more attractive.. don't bring yourself down because you don't look like a model." dream pulls me away to lift my head up.

i could feel my face get pink and i go to turn away to hide my face but he ended up cupping my face so it wasn't going anywhere.

"i'm not letting you go until you admit to yourself that you are beautiful." he says looking into my eyes.

"dream this is silly-"

"luna."

i felt myself tense up with how he said my name like that. he didn't say it aggressively but that's really the only word that comes to mind currently to describe it.

"dream, i am really beautiful." i say outloud.

"say it with more meaning behind it." he lets go of my face.

"i am very beautiful." i smile a little.

"more power with it. say it like you mean it!" dream gets up and grabs my hands.