24

L u n a ' s P o v

"xylophone is a weird word." i randomly say thinking about it.

"w-what?" karl stares at me confused.

"think about it. it's a funny word for a instrument, you can't even tell me i'm wrong. who looked at one and went.. ah yes that will be called a xylophone. it doesn't make sense!" i explain to karl.

"luna what in the hell. does not sleeping mean you come up with the most randomest things?" karl giggles.

"i mean yeah obviously. i think they are my best things to come up with. one night, i was laying here watching my hero academia and i was thinking, how does a dvd player just know how to play that specific movie on the dvd." i prop my phone up on my side table.

karl stopped what he was doing and just stared at me dumbfounded. he was going to say something but then stopped and it looked like he started thinking.

"i don't like that you put this thought into my head luna you crazy person.." karl grabs his head and shakes it.

"but you know what i mean! like i don't even know- how does it just know to play that movie and how does it even work?!" i keep saying.

"luna shut your lips. you are great but stop talking because i can't handle this." karl looks at me with a smile.

"i'm not shutting them and i will keep talking. you can't make me." i stick my tongue out and was about to continue speaking.

"i mean i'm sure i can make you stop if i was there."

i freeze and i can see his face go red. my face started to get warm and i turned away with a hand covering my mouth. i'm sure he was going to say it in a different way but i guess we both interpreted it as a much different thing.

"i didn't mean to say that oh my god i am so sorry that was so not me." karl begins to apologize.

i still face away from the camera trying to still process what he just said to me. i try to stuff back a laugh since i was shocked with him.

"i mean i made you stop talking so i guess it kinda worked but in the wrong way." he says with a little cheer in his voice.

"i can't believe you said that to me. karl jacobs i am shocked you said something so.. i don't even know how to explain it. i have this weird feeling in me and i can't process anything." i laugh and shake my head.

"i don't know what took over me. i've been around dream and nick to long already." he laughs.

i end up laughing more with him and i shake my head. i look at the time quickly and it said 3:13 am. i smiled to myself and i hear a buzz.

"someone just texted me what?" karl picks up his phone to see who it was.

i can see he's shocked and then he smiles, responding back to the unknown messenger. i was going to ask who it was but i didn't want to be nosey.

"george just texted me asking if i was awake.. the real question is why is he awake so early." karl laughs.

"george is up right now? where does he live again?" i ask this time.

"somewhere in england i think. he's like 5 hours ahead of us so it would be 8:15 am for him." karl tells me.

i nod my head and karl continues to message george as i watch some stuff on my tv.

"can i add george to our call? oo! how about a discord call if you are up for it." karl said cheerfully to me.

"sure, let me set up my area." i smile and grab my phone.