Chapter Five - Tyson

Tyson ~

The hum of the bass from the club music boomed and pulsated through the club on Friday and my eyes continuously combed through the sea of people from where I stood in the elevated VIP area, searching for any sign of Kinsley.

I hadn't even gotten the chance to speak to her yet, but I already wanted her more than I wanted my next breath. She was intoxicating and magnetic and my body responded to her in a way I'd never experienced.

The hostess knew to text me the second that Adriana scanned her membership card and I couldn't stop checking my phone, feeling phantom buzzes and vibrations as my anticipation grew.

Dane didn't seem to mind the waiting, but I on the other hand was coming out of my skin the longer we sat there.

"Text Adriana again." I snapped over my shoulder at Dane who was sitting at one of the tables.

"I've been texting her all night, man. No response yet." Dane said in an irritated voice.

I pushed out a breath and ran my hand through my dark hair, avoiding the eyes that were undressing me from the dance floor because they were irrelevant and forgettable.

"Motherfucker." Dane yelled, tossing his phone onto the table, pulling my attention immediately.

Whipping my head around I eyed him up and down, waiting for him to explain his outburst.

"They're not coming." Date bit out.

"What?" I snapped, moving closer so I could read the text myself.

Standing over his shoulder, I read Adriana's text and groaned at the words.

Adriana: Sorry Dane, I've been sick all day and just woke up long enough to tell you that I had to cancel on Kinsley tonight. We'll reschedule, I promise. Sorry babe.

Are you fucking kidding me? It's 10:00pm and you couldn't have texted before now?

"Goddamn it." I growled, standing up and heading down toward the bar for a much needed drink.

Coming around the bar I poured myself a drink and glared at everyone around me, seething where I stood as I sipped the cognac in my glass.

Dane seemed equally as disappointed, standing abruptly and storming into his office on the other end of the club.

My hands clenched my glass tightly as I went for a second pour, but something inside me screamed at me to look at the doors, pulling my attention away from the bottle in front of me, forcing my gaze to find the only woman that I wanted to see.

Kinsley?

She was timidly entering the club, eyeing the decor and elbowing her way through the crowd.

Is she alone? I don't want her walking through this club alone.

Frantically pulling my phone from my pocket, I dialed Dane as fast as I could, keeping my eyes trained on Kinsley the entire time.

"What?" Dane said flatly.

"She's here."

"What!" Dane all but screamed into the phone.

"I'm lookin right fucking at her. I think she came by herself." I said, watching Kinsley make her way across the room as if she'd never been in a nightclub before, wanting to break every arm that touched her.

"I'm on my way, where are you?" Dane said, scrambling in his office.

"Bar." I said before hanging up, trying to give Kinsley my full attention.