Chapter Twenty Five - Dane

Dane ~

Kinsley looked good enough to eat in a black floor length gown that made my heart rate pick up.

"This must be Kinsley." My mother purred as she approached us.

"Kinsley, I'd like you to meet my mother, Bianca Moretti." 

"So nice to meet you." Kinsley said sweetly as my mother leaned in and kissed her cheeks.

"I've heard a lot about you, darling...Dane, If you'll excuse us."

My mother took hold of Kinsleys hand and led her away from me which I disliked. I took a step forward but she cut me off and dismissed me.

"You're not needed for this conversation."

You're a fucking piece of work, Ma. You're lucky I love you so damn much.

"Surely you can survive Dane's absence for a few minutes." She asked Kinsley, who's eyes were as wide as saucers when my mother wasn't looking, but she quickly regained her composure.

"It will be tough, but I think I can manage." Kinsley said with a grin. 

I shook my head and raised my hands in a surrender pose as I took a step backwards, letting my mother steal Kinsley away to talk to her about God knows what.

A young waiter that didn't look a day over seventeen walked past me and I grabbed his arm to stop him. From his terrified expression alone, I could tell he knew who I was which was only going to play in my favor.

"Feel like making a little extra cash tonight?" I asked him in a low voice.

The kid nodded his head with an excited smile, looking around to see if his manager was watching.

"See that gorgeous woman in black?" I asked, pointing at Kinsley.

"Yes."

"I want you to fall all over your fucking self tonight making sure she's got everything she needs, food, drinks, all of it. I want you to worship her."

"I can do that." The young waiter confirmed.

"Here's the thing, I want you to wait on her and only her. If any of those women ask you for anything, I want you to correct them and tell them you're only waiting on Miss Wright this evening. Make them feel like shit." I said motioned at Daniella and the other bitches who had spoken so I'll of our Kinsley.

"I uh, I could lose my job for that sir." The kid hesitated.

I sighed and took my wallet out.

"This your full time gig?"

"No, just part time while I finish up school."

"And how much would you say you make in a year with this part time job?"

"I don't know, not much. I'd say with tips maybe 15 or 20K."

"Done."

Turning my back to the crowd, I quickly counted out 10k from my wallet before folding it and handing it to the young waiter whose chin nearly hit the floor.

"I'll give you half now and the other half at the end of the night to keep you honest."

"You're serious?" The kid asked with wide eyes as he took the money from my hand.

"Does it look like I joke a lot?" I asked coldly.

"No sir." He said, quickly pocketing the money.

"So what are you waiting for? She doesn't have a drink in her hand yet." I snapped.

The waiter scrambled to the bar with his little tray, nearly running into Adriana as she approached me.