Chapter Thirty Two - Dane

Dane ~

It had been two weeks since Kinsley moved in with us and now I couldn't remember what life was like without her.

The fact that she thought Tyson and I would send her away if she upset us, nearly broke me. But it made sense. Anytime her foster siblings made too much trouble they'd be sent away and it was what she was used to - it was what she expected and feared most in the world...being abandoned.

I came home to grab some lunch after moving some serious money around all morning at the club. There had been a huge shipment of guns that came through and I was in the process of filtering the money through the club, cooking the books and divvying up the payout to the families.

Tyson must've had the same idea for lunch and was sitting at the bar in the kitchen eating a sandwich as he scrolled his phone.

"Where's Kins?" I asked, opening the fridge.

"Pool." Tyson muttered with a mouthful of sandwich.

I moved toward the large glass windows that led to the pool and saw her sleeping on a lounge chair in a bikini that nearly made me swallow my tongue.

She was laying on her stomach with her head resting on her folded arms, but it was hot as hell outside and her cheeks were red and flushed.

"How long has she been out there?"

Tyson shrugged at my question, still scrolling through emails. "An hour. Maybe longer. She was out there when I got here."

I went to the sink and wet a kitchen towel with cold water, wringing it out slightly before making my way out to the pool terrace.

She was sound asleep with her chest rising and falling evenly, but her face was too red for my liking.

I gently ran the cold rag up her back, watching her muscles flex as she arched against the cool sensation as chill bumps peppered her tanned skin.

She grinned with her eyes still closed as I moved the cold cloth to her face before ultimately letting it rest on her neck.

"Hi Dane." She hummed with her eyes still closed.

"Hi baby." I said, sitting next to her on the lounge chair.

"You're getting too hot out here." I grabbed the cloth from her neck and rubbed it across her shoulders.

"I fell asleep." She said softly, opening her eyes and sitting up to give me a kiss.

I wiped a few tiny beads of sweat from her nose with my knuckle before she stood and walked toward the pool, holding my full attention.

Goddamn, Kinsley.

My eyes were glued to her ass as she passed me and waxed slowly into the water, before dunking herself under and resurfacing.

"Swim with me?" She asked with a bright smile that was difficult to turn down.

"I can't baby, I've only got about twenty minutes before I've got to meet with Lorenzo."

Kinsley pouted her bottom lip, sticking it out at me with a sad over exaggerated expression.

"Hey Tyson!" I yelled over my shoulder, watching Tyson appear from the doorway.

"You working this afternoon?"

"Nah, I'm done for the day." Tyson confirmed.

Kinsleys face lit up and she turned her attention to Tyson who was standing near the edge of the pool, looking down at her.

"Get in." She said happily.

"Not a chance." Tyson muttered, shaking his head for good measure.

"Why not?" Kinsley sassed.

"Because I'm dry."

A mischievous grin lifted the corner of Kinsleys mouth.

Don't you do it.

She pushed her hands forward and splashed Tyson, grinning even wider when the water drenched the front of his shirt.

He glared down at her after surveying his soaked clothes that were clinging to his torso.

"Are you wet for me baby?" Kinsley sassed in a playfully seductive tone that made the corner of Tyson's mouth curl into a small smile.

"You're in for it now you little brat." Tyson said with a smirk as he stripped down to his boxers.

Kinsley squealed and retreated further into the pool, trying to evade Tyson as he dove in.

His massive arms propelled him forward under the water toward her and she screamed and laughed as he wrapped her up from underneath and picked her up out of the water.

Tyson had her over his shoulder as she fought and squirmed against his hold, laughing hysterically.

"Say you're sorry." Tyson growled, holding her in place with one arm.

"Never." She cackled.

Tyson reached up and smacked her on the ass, causing her laughter and screams to intensify.

"Say it." Tyson said with a huge smile on his face.

I hadn't seen him playful and happy like this in a long time, maybe ever.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Kinsley said breathlessly between laughs.

Tyson lowered her down into the water, letting her wrap her legs around his torso. He cupped her face and smiled down at her with more contentment and peace than I'd ever witnessed in him.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, grabbing my attention with the reminder for my meeting that I desperately wanted to call off, but knew I couldn't.

Motherfucker.

"I gotta head out." I said reluctantly, wanting nothing more than to join them in the pool.

I walked over and Tyson put his hands beneath Kinsleys arms, lifting her up out of the water and holding her there so I could steal a kiss.

"Hurry back." Kinsley said as I pulled away from her perfect lips.

"As fast as I can baby." I returned with a wink.

I turned toward the house, leaving the two most important people in my life in that pool.

I can't believe I get to come home to that every day. How fucking lucky am I?

******
This is the last update for today. I wrote a crap ton when I couldn't sleep last night lol. Love you guys!