Chapter Eighty Two - Kinsley

Kinsley~

It had been three weeks since the gala shooting and life was starting to get back to normal - or as normal as it could be.

Dane was back at work, barking orders at people at the club while Tyson barked orders at his security teams. They both worked so much and had so many responsibilities to uphold, but it was a part of who they were, it was part of why I loved them so much. They were dominant and powerful...and they were mine.

I had coffee with Dane and Tyson that morning, loving our sweet morning routine as we each got ready for our busy days. They both had hectic schedules that day with Dane still trying to make up for the time he lost while he recovered from his injuries and Tyson escorting one of the high ranking family members to a large public appearance.

I spent the first half of my day painting at the house, then met Adriana for late lunch and some shopping before running a few errands with Xander. Dane had some paperwork that he needed Xander to drop off at a few locations and I opted to tag along, instead of having dinner by myself at the house.

We drove to several businesses that were immaculate and beautiful, dropping off envelopes and receiving some in return. I had no idea what was being exchanged and I knew better than to ask, but to be honest...I didn't care. I wasn't naive to the fact that I had been accepted into the L.A. Mafia and that the men I loved ran the empire. It was a life style that I had every opportunity to opt out of, but I chose to stay. I chose this life.

The sun had completely disappeared for the evening as the large black SUV rolled to a stop in front of the last stop. Xander jogged around the front of the vehicle to open my door and help me out of the car.

"Last stop." He said with an expression on his face that I couldn't quite read.

It was a wealthy area with businesses and storefronts that were well kept and gorgeous, but we had parked in the back alley this time and Xander didn't have an envelope in his hand. I picked up on his change in demeanor instantly and started to take notice of everything that felt off.

Xander isn't delivering anything to this address. He had an envelope for every other stop, but nothing in his hands for this one. He also walked slightly in front of me at the other businesses with his hand on the small of my back, but here he's letting me lead the way.

My palms started to sweat and I felt my heart rate pick up as my brain picked apart every detail of what was happening.

"No delivery?" I asked, trying to sound braver than I felt at the moment.

The side of Xander's mouth lifted into a half smile as he followed me through the door of the business that was dimly lit and looked vacant.

No furniture, no people, no lights.

"You are the delivery." Xander said quietly.

Before I could react to Xander's words, he side stepped me and grabbed hold of what seemed to be a thick curtain that was blocking a hallway.

My eyes adjusted to the sight as my pulse skyrocketed only to find both sides of the short hallway flickering with light from rows and rows of candles.

They were meticulously placed and lightning the way as Xander motioned for me to follow them with a grin on his face.

I felt my body relax slightly assuming that if someone was there to kill or kidnap me, they wouldn't have gone to the trouble of setting up mood lighting.

Narrowing my eyes in confusion and curiosity, I cautiously stepped forward, making my way slowly down the hallway with nothing but candle light guiding my steps.