Chapter Fifty Six - Dane

Dane ~

Kinsley still hadn't let us sleep in her bed that night, but I fell asleep quickly, feeling like a weight had been partially lifted off my shoulders. I felt lighter and relieved that she was taking the steps she needed toward forgiveness and reconciliation.

She wasn't shutting us out completely, she was working through her trust issues by forcing us to prove ourselves to her, which was more mercy than we deserved and we were more than willing to do so. 

The next morning, my heart dropped slightly when she didn't hop on the counter while I made her coffee, but just as my disappointment was about to consume me, I felt her tiny body press against my back as I doctored her coffee cup. Her small arms wrapped around me from behind. It was heaven and more affection than she had shown me since I arrived.

She didn't sit in Tysons lap as he read through his emails, but she scooted her chair close to his so they were touching leg to leg and shoulder to shoulder.

This is progress. We can work with this.

As soon as she left for the gallery, Tyson and I started spinning our wheels, trying to figure out how to earn her trust again.

"Square one...where the fuck is that?" Tyson mumbled.

I racked my brain to try and remember what life was like before Kinsley had moved into the house, before we had introduced her to the playroom.

"We worked so hard to build that trust with her and shattered it in a matter of seconds when we left her at the airport. We've got to rebuild it somehow. She doesn't trust us, so we need to earn it all over again."

"What does that even fucking look like? We pretend we aren't already in a relationship with her?" Tyson said, frustrated with the situation and unable to hide it.

"Are we though? What if this is her way of telling us that we're not currently in a relationship with her. Think about it man, she's been platonic with us since we got here...aside from last night of course." I said with a smirk.

My words seemed to spike Tyson's pulse and his brow furrowed.

"So we're courting her all over again, convincing her to date us all over again, learning how she likes to play all over again?" Tyson asked.

"We forced her to come here without her consent, without communication. We did the one thing we swore we'd never do and now we have to start over."

Tyson nodded at my words, but we both sat there unsure what that meant or what we needed to do.

"What if we took her to a club here in New York?" I asked, sitting up a little straighter.

"You think dancing, drinks, and shitty house music is gonna win her over?" Tyson scoffed.

No you fucking idiot.

I rolled my eyes at Tyson and leaned forward against the marble counter.

"A BDSM club." I corrected him.

Tyson's posture changed as he let the idea roll around in his mind.

"That could work..." Tyson said with the corner of his mouth drawing up into the slightest smile.

"We could invite her to go with us and learn her preferences all over again - Square one."

We were both into the idea, but there was one problem. We weren't in L.A. and BDSM clubs, the good ones at least, were exclusive and membership only which took weeks to solidify.

"Great, but how do we expedite the membership processes of a club here in New York? I mean I guess we could walk in a throw money at it, but most of these clubs are reference only and fucking exclusive."

"I got it." Tyson said, confidently, pulling his phone from his pocket.

"Who are you calling?" I asked, arching a brow.

"I know a guy." he returned, dialing a number and putting the phone on speaker.

I eyed the phone and saw the name James at the top of the screen.

Shit, he's right. James could get us in anywhere. James Flores used to run in the same circles as Tyson when we were younger...much younger. He and Tyson used to put their skills to work in some underground fighting rings and ran a few gun running operations on the side together. But that was years ago. We hadn't seen or talked to James in years, but knew he owned clubs in every major city and had contacts everywhere.

"Tyson Santoro, what the fuck is up man?" James' voice echoed from the phone.

"It's been a long time. Still fighting?"

"Nah, I'm on the up and up. Clean as a whistle." James said.

"No shit? Your sister finally convince you to get on the straight and narrow?"

"Yeah somethin' like that. I'm actually in Cali for a little while, thinking about a permanent move."

"Our neck of the woods. Glad to hear it."

"Listen man, I hate to ask, but I need a favor."

"What's up, I'll see what I can do." James said with slight hesitation in his voice.

If James was trying to keep his nose clean I could understand why a favor from Tyson might make him uneasy, luckily this was an easy favor, one that didn't require James to do anything illegal.

"Dane and I are in New York and need access to an exclusive BDSM club...tonight. You own any here?"

"Shit, I don't own any there, but I know everyone who does. I'll make a call to the Red Door and get you in, no problem. Two members?" James asked.

"Three." Tyson corrected.

"Nice, Yeah not a problem. I'll send you the info and contract that you'll need to sign. Need anything else?"

"That's it. We owe you one."

"Don't mention it. Good to hear from you man." James said before the line went dead.

I couldn't control the smile on my face as I pictured how Kinsley would react to a true BDSM club. Sapphire was just a taste, but it was basically a strip club that housed a few furnished dungeon rooms on the side. Red Door was a dedicated and exclusive BDSM club and it was going to blow our sweet little Kinsley's mind. 

*****

A little cross over action from my Knight series :)