Chapter Thirty Five - Dane

Dane ~

Kinsley was screaming Tyson's name, covered in blood and the sight completely gutted me.

I dropped to my knees in front of her, letting Tyson and Leo deal with the attacker, trying to assess where all the blood was coming from.

"Dane" she rasped my name with her tears making track marks in the blood on her face.

"I'm right here baby." I tried to sound soothing, but I was fucking panicked.

"What happened? Show me where he hurt you." I pleaded, unsure of the source of all the blood that was smeared across her perfect skin. 

"He had a key, Dane. I thought he was you." She sobbed.

"He cut me." She said in a shaky voice that I knew was going to haunt my dreams.

"Where baby? Show me."

Kinsley lifted her hands, uncovering a deep wound on her thigh, followed by several others on her arms and one on her upper abdomen. There was no pattern - no rhyme or reason to the location of the cuts on her body.

That motherfucker chased her around the room slashing at her until he made contact with her flesh.

The cuts were deep and needed stitches, that much was obvious, but I had no idea if any of them were life threatening.

Tyson would know.

"It's really fucking bad Tyson. Get over here." I said in a terrified voice. Tyson would be able to recognize the severity of her wounds better than I could. After all, he delivered cuts like this almost daily and knew exactly where and how to cut someone if he wanted them dead.

I heard the sickening thud of a body hitting the ground before Tyson joined me on the ground with Kinsley.

"Tyson." She whimpered his name as he knelt beside her.

"Let me see what he did Kins, move those hands for me baby."

Kinsley moved her hands once again, letting Tyson examine her wounds.

He used his hands to wipe away the blood on her abdomen to get a better look at the gash in her side, causing her to yelp and flinch at the sudden pressure.

"Shhh. I know it hurts, but I've gotta see how deep this is. Squeeze Dane's hand as hard as you can sweetheart."

I felt her small blood soaked hand squeeze mine, but her grip was weak and shaky.

"How bad?" I asked Tyson who was all business at the moment.

"None of them are deep enough to need surgery, but there are so many of them...she's losing too much blood." Tyson said, pulling his phone from his pocket and smearing blood across the screen in the process.

"You up? Well then get up because Dane and I are on our way...Nah, it's Kinsley. she's in bad shape and needs to be stitched up."

Tyson nodded and listened intently before pocketing his phone again.

"Sergio's up and waiting for us at his place." Tyson said, motioning to Leo to bring a car around.

I slid my hands beneath Kinsley's shaking body and lifted her, hating the way she cried out in pain as I stood with her in my arms. She buried her head in my chest, letting out muffled painful sobs against my shirt.

Tysons men had already cleared out Sapphire, giving us a clear pathway to the back door.

"That fucker had a Goddamn key. Somebody figure out how he got it right fucking now." I yelled at one of them as I headed out the back with Kinsley in my arms.