Chapter Thirty Seven - Kinsley

Kinsley ~

I tried to sleep, but my mind replayed and relived the attack in the pink room over and over again in bits and pieces. I felt like I was still in that room and I had changed into lingerie, expecting Dane and Tyson to walk through the door any minute. But my excitement was short lived as a stranger with a malicious grin entered the room instead.

I couldn't get the man's eyes and expression out of my head. He looked at me and licked his lips as he pulled a knife from his pocket and taunted me with it. I had never been so scared in my life and screamed at the top of my lungs for Tyson and Dane. The crazed man lunged at me, slashing through the air with the sharp blade as I scrambled toward the door. Hot searing pain flooded my senses as his knife made contact with my flesh, sending me stumbling backwards as he chased me around the room, thrashing wildly with the knife over and over again. I had never been so convinced that I was going to die and that intense fear pulled me from sleep, jolting me awake as I sat straight up in bed.

With my eyes adjusting to the room and accepting that I was reliving a past event, I tried to take a few deep breaths and wiped the tears from my eyes. 

My body ached and my stitches throbbed beneath my bandages every time I moved. The only thing that brought me any sort of relief was the feeling of Dane and Tyson's bodies against mine. They were my safe place in my world that had just become terrifying and dangerous.

I reached my arm out, but felt nothing except empty sheets on either side of me.

They left me.

Terror filled my veins and I felt a flood of adrenaline as I swung my legs over the side of the bed and stood against the pain that radiated from my wounds with every movement of my body.

The pain stole my breath as I stood and I reached out to steady myself, but I needed to find Dane and Tyson.

I stumbled toward the door and my ears perked at the sound of Dane's voice bouncing off the marble floor.

He's screaming...he's screaming at Tyson.

Taking a few steps, I made my way down the hall hearing their voices get louder and louder with each step. They were arguing, yelling at each other and scuffling as they headed toward the back door.

Following their angry voices, I focused on what they were saying and once I understood what was happening I felt the blood drain from my face.

Tyson is going to walk into a trap that's going to get him killed and that's exactly what Angelo had planned all along. He knew if he sent someone after me that Dane and Tyson would be so blinded by rage that they'd start making mistakes. I can't let this happen.

I picked up the pace of my steps despite the pain that shot through my leg every time I put weight on it. I couldn't let Tyson put himself in danger. I couldn't let him kill himself because he thinks this is somehow his fault

They hadn't even noticed when I entered the room, staring furiously at each other. Dane was blocking the door and Tyson was readying himself to fight his way through him.

"Stop." I whimpered from behind them.

Both of their heads swiveled in my direction and while Dane's expression softened, Tyson's did not.

He glared at me, obviously too lost in his own rage to see how much I loved him.

"Dane's right...Don't go Tyson." I said softly.

Tyson scoffed under his breath at my words.

"Oh Dane's right?" Tyson snarled as if I'd chosen Dane over him.