Chapter Seventy Two - Tyson

Tyson ~

It had been an hour since Adriana and Vincent had left the house and everything started to become calm and quiet. Our adrenaline surge had gone and the three of us settled into my bed for some much needed sleep.

Kinsley was exhausted and crawled into my bed, snuggling against my sheets as Dane and I closed in on her from both sides.

I love having them in my bed.

Before Kinsley, my bed was sacred and mine, but now it was ours...it was our space and I wanted them there every night so I knew they were safe.

Kinsley rested her head on my chest with her back against Dane was we let out a collective sigh and started to drift to sleep. She tossed and turned a few times, wiggling against my side as she tried and failed to get comfortable.

"Settle Kins." I mumbled with my eyes closed.

She kept wiggling and moving, finding a comfy spot for a few seconds before moving again.

"I can't sleep." She finally admitted after thirty minutes of tossing.

"I can see that." I chuckled. "Somethin on your mind?"

"Mmhmm." She said with a nod.

"Talk to us." Dane encouraged.

Whatever Kinsley wanted to say, it was taking her a few minutes to build up the courage to say it which meant she was either embarrassed or it was going to piss us off.

"It's just...I want..."

She searched for the words and sat up a little as if that was going to help her find the verbage she needed.

"We'll give you anything you want gorgeous, just ask." Dane said, with his mind going in one specific direction.

"I want to learn how to shoot a gun. I want to be able to defend myself." Kinsley finally said.

Oh hell yes.

Dane sat up and huffed out a breath.

"Absolutely fucking not." Dane spat.

"But..." Kinsley started, but Dane cut her off.

"But nothing, the answer is no. You don't need to be carrying guns and shooting people Kinsley."

Kinsley turned her attention to me, studying my face for a reaction, knowing I'd be more open to the idea than Dane would be. I understood where he was coming from. Dane wanted to keep our sweet girl separate from the evil of our world. He wanted to shield her and protect her innocence, but that wasn't reality.

"It couldn't hurt." I added, putting a smile on Kinsley's face that I secretly loved.

"What do you mean it couldn't hurt? Of course it could fucking hurt." Dane said, getting angrier by the second.

Dane sat up in bed, letting his arms rest on his knees as he tried to tamp down his anger at the conversation that was unfolding.

"Kinsley, baby, you're..." Dane started to say something and I'm sure was very thoughtful and sweet, but our girl wasn't having it.

"I'm what? Weak? Fragile?" Kinsley sassed.

I was amused by their exchanged and sat up, wrapping my arms around our angry little Kinsley from behind as she sat up in bed to match Dane's posture.

"Careful, little brat." I said low against her ear, reminding her who she was talking to.

She melted slightly at my words, pressing her back against my chest.