Chapter Twenty Two - Kinsley

Kinsley ~

I knew better than to dress casual for any restaurant that Dane or Tyson chose. It seemed like everywhere they took me was five star and I quickly realized it was because that was all they knew.

"So what do you do for fun?" I asked.

Tyson shrugged as she shoveled food in his mouth.

"Don't really have time for fun." He said, as if it were normal to not have any interests.

"Oh come on, there must be something you enjoy other than you know...shooting people." I joked.

He sputtered his coffee back into his cup as he laughed, letting out a cough into his elbow before giving me a grin.

"Well Dane and I used to enjoy pursuing local tail at the club in our spare time, but recently we've found something much more...satisfying." He said with a wink that made my stomach flip and flutter.

I'm their hobby. I'm what they do for fun.

"That's good to know." I said with a smile as I sipped my coffee.

"What've you got goin' on this week?" He asked without looking at me, still shoveling food in his mouth as if it were his last meal.

I couldn't help but smile at how different breakfast was with Dane versus breakfast with Tyson. Dane was refined and polished. He was charming and charismatic with the ability to talk to me for hours. Tyson on the other hand was rough around the edges. He was quiet with a tough exterior and didn't give a shit what anyone thought about his manners or appearance. They were complete opposites and I couldn't have adored them more for that.

"I've got a few deadlines I need to meet as far as my painting goes. Two appointments for new clients which I'm super excited about, but not a whole lot beyond that. What about you?"

"Just business as usual and going to some bullshit even for Ma." Tyson grumbled with an eyeroll.

From our time spent together I had gathered that "Ma" was technically Dane's mother, but was a mother to Tyson as well, just not a biological one.

"What kind of bullshit?" I asked with a laugh.

"She occasionally drags us to the opera and we've turned her down the past few times, so now we feel like shit and have to go." Tyson muttered with a half smile.

The opera? You're complaining about being forced to go to the opera?

My mouth flopped open and my jaw hung loose, gaping at him in shock and disbelief.

"What?" he asked with a mouth full of food.

"You're complaining about going to the opera? I'd kill to watch opera live. I've only ever seen it on movies or youtube." I admitted, slightly embarrassed after I said that out loud because it made me feel like an uncultured child.

Tyson swallowed his food and eyed me up and down with a skeptical look.

"You're tellin me you'd want to go to the opera? It's so fucking boring."

"Oh my God, yes." I said with a little too much enthusiasm.

He considered my words and finished off his coffee, staring at me for a second or two as if he was trying to figure out if I was being serious or not.

"Then we'll take you." he said with a casual shrug as he motioned for the check.

I pushed out an excited breath, with my mouth hanging open yet again.