Chapter Forty Four - Dane

Dane ~

The house was empty and lifeless as if all the light and joy had left with Kinsley.

I was numb as my feet carried my heavy body toward the bar to pour myself a much needed drink. I knew drinking wouldn't make me feel better, but I didn't want to feel anything at all.

Sniffing and clearing my throat, I struggled to hold back tears, unable to rid myself of the devastation on Kinsley's face.

She trusted us with everything she had and we fucking abandoned her.

I glared at Tyson who remained unfazed, dropping his keys and walking past me toward his room.

How can he be so calm and unaffected by what we've just done. We hurt our girl and he doesn't give a shit.

I let him walk away, disgusted by the sight of him at the moment.

Before I could register where I was going, I found myself in Kinsley's studio. I guess subconsciously I went to the place that made her the happiest, hoping it would have the same effect on me, but it didn't.

She had left a few things behind and I couldn't stop my hands from touching the soft brushes and blank canvas boards that lined the room.

A lump formed in my throat as I paced the room, thinking of all the parts of her life that I was going to miss - that we weren't going to be a part of.

The eerie quiet in her once bright little studio forced me out and into the hallway.

I need to get out of this house.

Deciding I'd head up to the club, I went to finish my drink and grab my keys when I heard a crash echo from down the hall...from Tysons room.

Rushing to investigate the loud thuds and bangs coming from his room, I stopped as soon as I reached the door and regretted every negative thought I had harbored for him. I thought he was callous and unfazed by what we had done to Kinsley, but what I witnessed told a completely different story.

Tyson was tearing his room apart, punching walls and turning furniture in an emotional rage that I completely understood. His knuckles were bleeding and his chest was heaving as he demolished everything he laid eyes on until finally he let out a scream that was so deep and so loud that it made me jump.

We were gutted. Completely ruined and broken, hating ourselves for what we had done.

Only a monster could hurt someone as pure as Kinsley and that's exactly what we were...

*****

Kinsley had been gone for eight hours, but it might as well have been an eternity.

I sat in the media room watching something mindlessly just to fill the room with noise and cover the silence, when I got a movement notification from the security cameras in Kinsley's apartment in New York.

My body sprang to life as I snatched my laptop from the floor and logged into her security system just in time to see her perfect little frame walk into her new home.

I smiled at the sight of her, wishing I could reach through the screen and touch her.

She walked slowly through the apartment running her small hand over the furniture, taking in every inch of the apartment until she reached her bedroom.

My eyes were glued to the screen as she entered the bedroom and explored, but once she had surveyed every room she stopped moving and stood completely still in the middle of her bedroom.

I clicked a few keys thinking the feed may have frozen, but the connection was fine.

She dropped to her knees in a crumpled little pile and covered her face with her hands with her shoulders shaking as she sobbed.

Ah God. I'm so sorry baby.

Our sweet Kinsley curled into a tiny ball on the floor and cried. She thought she was alone but I was right there with her, hurting with her, wanting nothing more than to hold her and kiss all those tears away.

I'm right here gorgeous. You're not alone.

"Turn it off." Tyson growled.

"I can't." I said with my voice cracking slightly.

"What good does that do huh? Just sitting there watching her cry like that?"

"I don't know, what good does it do to demolish a fucking bedroom?" I bit out.

Tysons jaw clenched at my words and I immediately regretted them.

"I'm sorry man." I said, running my hand through my hair as I turned the screen away.

"Don't worry about it." Tyson muttered.

I stood to leave the media room and drink myself to sleep, maybe I'd get lucky and this would all be some sort of fucked up nightmare, but this pain was too intense to be a dream.

What the fuck did we do?