Chapter 17 Finding the Path

Over the next month Harry had got Fred and George update on all goings on. Snape was teaching them Occlumency which they hadn't taken to as quickly as Harry had done so. They were told to not think of anything regarding their true feelings and loyalties until such a time came when they could hold their walls against Snape so would easily be able to defend his thoughts against Dumbledore.

The one thing different about the twins was only three people knew about their loyalties and they obviously didn't attend the Death Eater Children's meetings. After all what use was a good spy – or two – if the whole world knew about them. The young Death Eaters thought that the information was coming from Snape who was the spy they all knew and hated.

Luckily Dumbledore still had not caught onto Harry's movements at this point which Harry could only hope until he made contact with his father. Considering it was May and their usual confrontations took place in June Harry expected them to meet soon. Harry only wished that the family reunion wouldn't take place on a battlefield.

About a month later on the twenty seventh of May found Harry and Bagman at the edge of the Forest. Bagman had once again pulled him back to give him advice about the next task that had just been explained to them. Harry sighed internally wishing Bagman would just shut up as this was perhaps the task Harry felt most comfortable about.

Lucius had taught him plenty enough to survive on a battlefield both legal and not so legal so he would have a full arsenal for any situation. Naturally in this situation Harry knew that his less than legal Dark spells couldn't be used. Still the neutral spells that Lucius had taught Harry should come in handy.

Harry was continuing to drown out Bagman's useless prattle when something moved behind the retired beater in the trees. Harry had plenty of experience of what lurked in the Forbidden Forest so pulled a surprised Bagman behind him and pulled his wand out. Bagman didn't have a chance to react.

Apparently as much as he had changed since coming off the potions Dumbledore had placed him under there were things that could not be undone in a few months. Dumbledore had raised Harry to be a sacrifice so even when he realised this and that Dumbledore was nothing but a bastard Harry still could not just leave someone in possible danger Harry still couldn't resist but leaping in harm's way to save said person. Sometimes Harry really hated himself but what could one do when they had a lifetime of manipulation forcing them to act in a certain way.

'Wha-'began Bagman shocked at the sudden change in pace of things.

'Ssh, there's something moving in there,' Harry snapped.

Harry may not care about Bagman's life but he did care about his own life. There were plenty of things in the Forbidden Forest that would want to eat him or worse. Add in the fact his father (not knowing he was his father) had sent someone to kill him.