Chapter 30 Family Ties

Harry arrived back in the Reception Room at Le Fay Castle instantly locating his father who had been just about the throw Floo powder in the fireplace. The Dark Lord was not looking at all pleased with Harry or Lucius. Harry knew that Voldemort must have found him gone and figured out that Harry had run off to his lover’s mansion making the Dark Lord furious.

‘Father,’ Harry said.

‘I take it you were with Lucius,’ the Dark Lord said.

‘Yes,’ Harry glared hotly at his father who looked absolutely furious. ‘Look father we have to talk about my relationship with Lucius.’

‘Indeed we do,’ agreed the Dark Lord coolly.

‘Look I don’t love Lucius but he is not just going to stop being a part of my life. He is the father of my child and even if he wasn’t I wouldn’t just stop f – seeing him because you said so!’ Harry finished glaring at the older man.

‘I could just remove Lucius from the situation,’ Voldemort replies softly.

Harry felt a burst of fear and horror at the idea of losing his lover. Harry didn’t think he could deal with losing Lucius after everything that had happened. The betrayals Harry had suffered. The murder Harry had inflicted on others. Lucius was the only thing that had remained constant throughout everything but Harry knew it was an empty bluff.

‘You wouldn’t do that!’ Harry said before he could stop himself. ‘You need Lucius too much!’ Harry said trying to think more rationally, taking a deep breath. ‘Never mind you’d lose your followers trust if you killed Lucius.

‘And just because I don’t love Lucius does not mean I want him gone!’ Harry said before taking a deep breath. ‘I don’t know what I feel for Lucius,’ Harry admitted softly for the first time, ‘but I do care for him – a lot which scares me,’ Harry stopped.

The way that Voldemort was looking at Harry as though the Dark Lord could see right through Harry to his very soul. As though he could see the feelings that Harry wasn’t ready to admit – was afraid to admit. The feelings that Harry wondered if he’d ever be ready to admit.

‘You care about Lucius,’ the Dark Lord prompted.

‘I’ve never really had anyone to care for me growing up,’ Harry admitted not going into his crappy childhood. ‘The only people I’ve ever given a truly trusted were bloody traitors the whole time only interested in my money and turning me into a bloody weapon for the so called Light!’ Harry ranted finishing with a sneer at the mention of the Light which was mirrored by his father.