Chapter 70 Questions for the Weasleys (or what's left of them)

Ginny was reading a book in her bedroom when her mother called her down. Her Mum sounded worried which naturally had Ginny worried. Ginny knew that things were not going well, that day by day the Dark Lord got more and more power. So, her Mum’s worry worried Ginny, because what more could happen?

Still Ginny went downstairs to the kitchen where her mother and brother were seated at the kitchen table. Opposite here was Dumbledore looking calm as ever, but there was a tension in the room that Ginny didn’t like at all. Her mother was tense and looked like she wanted to start shouting at someone or something.

‘Miss Weasley how are you feeling?’ asked Dumbledore.

‘Alright,’ shrugged Ginny not meeting the headmaster’s eyes.

‘Good,’ Dumbledore said. ‘Now we don’t have much time. Amelia has gotten permission to use Veritserum on Dedalus and Sturgis. It will only be a matter of time before the Aurors come for me.’

‘But they can’t!’ shouted Ron shouted. ‘You’re Dumbledore!’

Ginny nodded, ‘we need you.’

‘Voldemort has them fooled,’ Dumbledore said with a sigh.

‘Where will you go?’ asked Mum.

‘I think it is best if you don’t know,’ Dumbledore said, ‘so you cannot reveal if you are questioned.’

‘We would never betray you!’ Molly said horrified.

‘You would under Veritserum,’ Dumbledore said gravely.

Molly looked away, ‘what can we do?’

‘The only thing we can,’ Dumbledore said. ‘We need to remove the memories of the true circumstances of Ginny’s pregnancy from all three of you. As far as you will be concerned you are unaware of whom the father is.’

Ginny frowned, ‘but what if I don’t want to keep it, not knowing how important it is.’

Dumbledore blinked.