Chapter 55 Brotherly Woes and Forced Acceptance

Draco woke up the morning a few days after he had come home from Hogwarts. He scowled as he realised he had dined alone because his father had a business meeting in London last night. This in itself was not an unusual thing but usually he and his mother would have a light evening meal in the conservatory, garden or drawing room depending on their mood listening to music.

Now, however, she was gone because his father had knocked up Harry bloody Potter. Draco knew he was being unfair to Potter. After all his mother was in a long term relationship and his father had had many lovers for varying lengths of time. Potter was just unlucky enough that the contraceptive charms didn’t work which was the excuse his mother was looking for to the divorce his father. He knew all of that but it didn’t make him feel any better.

Realising that he wasn’t going to get back to sleep Draco decided to get up and make a start on his Potions homework. Half a piece of parchment through he got hungry and made his way down to the breakfast room with his book bag in tow. He wondered idly when his father would be back. Only to find that he wasn’t the first person there and the other person was not his father.

‘Who the hell are you?’ demanded Draco.

Draco automatically drew his wand on the stranger. The stranger was a teenaged boy probably about Draco’s age although he was a good head shorter than Draco was. He had night black hair with a natural curl in it that Draco envied (not that he'd ever tell the other teenager that) and chocolate brown eyes. He was as pale as Draco with the high defined cheekbones of a Pure-Blood.

And he was in Lucius’ night robes.

‘Draco,’ greeted a familiar voice awkwardly.

‘Potter,’ ground out Draco. ‘What the hell are you doing here!?’

‘Having breakfast,’ Potter said flippantly. ‘Your house-elves make the best pancakes.’

Draco looked down to where Potter’s plate which was laden with pancakes, bacon and maple syrup. Draco scowled at how comfortable he was in Draco’s home. It made Draco realise in the week since Potter had been pulled out of Hogwarts he must have spent too much time with his father. Draco couldn't help but wonder what the Dark Lord said about it.

‘I don’t care about pancakes,’ Draco spat out as his stomach grumbled. ‘What I want to know is what you are doing here, now?’

Potter sighed, ‘I think you already know the answer to that, Draco.’

Draco grimaced because unfortunately Potter was right he knew exactly what Potter was doing in his house at this time in the morning especially as he was wearing his father’s night robes. Clearly his father had not had a business meeting at all. It was an all a lie so that he could spend time with his lover, Draco shuddered at the word, and the bearer of his new child.